Thursday, August 17, 2023

Thursday and A Trip to see Nancy

I will be going to Bartlesville this morning to visit Nancy. in her assisted living home.

I was up very early this morning...around 4:00AM. The pain in my shingles is intense.I too a couple of Ibuprofen tablets but so far not much improvement. 

I caught "the weather on the 8's" on TV and will post the results here.

Today is to be  92 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 100 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 103 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 99 degrees and sunny and Wednesday is to be 100 degrees and sunny. No rain this week. And we are desperate for rain here in Caney.

More Later...I will go see if Blondie is out front for his breakfast.  

He was out there so I fed him both wet cat food and dry cat food. He always likes some of both. When he got his fill he left and I took the cat food dish back into the garage and covered it.

I am getting ready to take my walk now. It's 6:28AM.

About 9:30AM, I left for Bartlesville and to see Nancy. I washed my car first. And I also stopped at US Cellular and had them fix my phone so I could hear it better then just three little beeps. They got it fixed. That Okie car wash does an excellent job. I wiped down the car and vacuumed it out. Then I went to see Nancy. She was up and in her recliner although not dressed. I stayed an hour because it was her lunch time and I wanted her to get dressed for her lunch. I told her I would be back next Thursday.

Then I drove home.  On the way, I called Sally to see if she would like to have lunch. She was interested and I told her I could pick her up in twenty minutes. We decided to go back to Copan Restaurant and have their beef veggie soup. Then I decided to have a piece of German Chocolate pie and asked Sally to split it with me. That's what we did. 

During lunch, Esther texted me and said Keith wanted to talk to me. I told her we were having lunch and she said to just text her when we were finished and it was convenient for me.  I took Sally home and then when I got home I texted Esther that was a good time. Keith then called and talked to me for quite awhile. It was sure good to hear his voice and also Esther's. He told me when he had it, he looked on the internet and learned that large doses of Vitamin B 12 was a good remedy for shingles. The time he had them they only lasted three days. So I went out to Dollar General and bought a bottle of 60. I figured it couldn't hurt anything to try it. Then I took some of it and two more pain killers with a cupcake. That was Ibuprofen.

Then I went back to my book. More Even Later... 

I just can't seem to get out of pain from these shingles. I have taken four pain relievers altogether and nothing seems to help. The ones around my left armpit seem to be the worst. None of the others seem to be anywhere near as bad as those in my left armpit. I guess I will just have to tough it out.  I have tried Aleve and also Ibuprofen.

I think I will take my bath even though it's only 6:13PM. Maybe if I get out of my bra and into some comfortable pajamas, the left armpit will feel better.

Then I will read until bed time,

 

1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

Please check in with your doctor about your pain. You should get as much relief as possible because it could last a few months, which is frequent with older folks. Be sure and check if you should have the latest shingles vaccine. It makes for a milder case if it does come back. Linda in Kansas