Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Tuesday and Cookies

I slept well last night and was only up once in the night to take not only my two regular meds but also two of my shingles meds. I already feel better. I took five of those meds yesterday as instructed and have already taken two this morning. I will space the others out over the day. I caught Blondie waiting for me to open the front door and fed him both the wet cat food and the dry cat food and he ate some of both and was evidently filled up and left. Soon I will take the cat food back out to the garage and cover it. 

I also caught "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 84 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 87 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny and  Friday is to be 96 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 101 degrees and  sunny, and Sunday is to be 102 degrees and sunny and Monday is to be 100 degrees and sunny. Another very hot week. At lest this week I will have well working air conditioning.

I will go over to our church after a while and pick up Karan's cookies for the First Christian Church in Independence. I will stop at the market across the street from their church and buy mine and Billie Jo's and Mike's to take over to the church. They gave me money for theirs.

I have had my coffee and am working on my Chai Latte and also already had a breakfast bar for my breakfast. 

More Later.... 

Both Denise, my niece, and Leslie, my  daughter, checked on me this morning and I was pleased to be able to report I feel much better this morning. My shingles aren't painful and even my knees are better. They still need bandages but they are not painful. That's a blessing! As Leslie just said, "miracles still happen".

I just finished my walk and picked up a full sack of trash and will go over to the church about 8:30AM and pick up Karan's cookies and go to the market at Independence across from that Christian Church  there and get mine and Mike's and Billie Jo's.

I will find out from the pastor there when we will need cookies again.

So, More Later... 

We won't need cookies for two weeks according to the pastor there at the Independence First Christian Church. I got the ones we had delivered and came on back home after I stopped at their Miller Brother's station for gas. I also stopped at the Caney Market and bought flavored water and some donuts for tomorrow's Bunco game treats at the senior center in Coffeyville. It's 10:08AM now. I think I will read  until lunch time. Then I will call Sally and see if she wants to go to lunch at Copan or even back to Independence's Dairy Queen for their $7.00 special. 

More Later... 

I did call Sally and we did go up to the Dairy Queen in Independence and had their $7.00 dinner special. Then I took her home after we had a real good visit.  

Then I came home and read most of the afternoon. I also watched the 5:00PM news on CBS. 

About 6:50PM, I took my bath and put my pajamas on. 

I will read until bedtime at 7:30PM. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Good thing you went to urgent care. I’ve heard waiting makes it worse. Glad I took the shingles shot. I could still get it, but not as likely.

Margie's Musings said...

I have to wait for the shingles to be well before I can get the shot.