Saturday, January 13, 2024

Saturday and a Funeral.

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I checked outside for cats and there were none out there, It's 8 degrees  so I am not surprised. I fixed myself some Chai and a breakfast bar and came in the den to blog. I did catch "the weather on the 8's" though. 

Today is to be 17 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 6 degrees and snow, Monday is to be 13 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday is to be 21 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 37 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 39 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 25 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! One day of snow and that's tomorrow. It's 8 degrees and sunny right now.

Ted's funeral is today and I don't recall what time. I will have to text Leslie later this morning to ask her. In the meantime, I will e-mail her to ask her. I don't know which she checks first so I will try both.

More Later....

She got right back with me, It is at 1:00PM, Of course, I intend to attend. I went over early and ate a fruit parfait at Eggbert's before  the services. 

Karan and Leslie were at the services too. It was held at Grace Fellowship. They sat with me. The pastor there did nice job with the funeral services. 

When I got back home afterward, I read in my book again. During the reading I heard someone out front by the front door. Someone came and took the two cat dishes. By the time I got up and went to the front door, no one was there. I looked around the yard but both dishes were gone. This is the second time someone has taken the cat's dishes...both of them. I am going to have to bring them in after they eat. I leave them out there so all four or five cats will have a chance to eat. But if I continue to do that,I will have to periodically have to buy new dishes for the cats.

I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath and got out the extra quilt to keep me warm. It's supposed to snow sometime between this evening and tomorrow. It's 3"F now...pretty cold! Tomorrow should be worse.

No comments: