Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Big Day


This has been a good day. My daughter, Leslie and I went to Pittsburg, Kansas, about 65 miles east of here to a Worship Workshop. It was very good. Jane Gardner from our church headquarters in Independence, Missouri, came down to do it. The Pittsburg congregation provided snacks and lunch for us. There were two breaks...one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We saw a lot of people we hadn't seen in awhile. This year our Mission Center, at least this end of it, did not have our family camp or kids camps because our campgrounds was struck by a tornado in May and they are in the process of rebuilding. That is usually our opportunity to catch up on all the news with everyone.

The picture at the right is Jane Gardner. The lower picture is our daughter and a friend of the family, Myra. Our daughter is the women on your right. They were getting a real laugh our of my slow digital camera. It takes quite awhile for it to decide to take a picture.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Don't feel bad Margie, my camera is the very same way. By the time it gets ready to take the picture there is no one there! Your daughter is very pretty.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, she is...thank you, Judy. I am happy to have the camera. My eldest son sent it to me three years ago. I don't want to seem ungrateful.

patsy said...

I really didn't get up set with Obama's misspeak just fun. on some cameras you can reset thim so they work faster.I am glad you had a good day.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Patsy and Judy,. Today will be a big day.