Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Old Cookie Jar


About thirty years ago, I bought this cookie jar because we had a cat then and it reminded me of our cat. You may not be able to see the mouse on the back of the cat. It's really cute. -While I was at it, I bought the cat dish that matched it and then about ten years ago, my daughter, Leslie, found the salt and pepper shakers and gave them to me for Christmas. Bob dropped something on the cat dish several years ago and broke it and all I have left is the cookie jar and the salt and paper shakers.

But I love them. The rest of my kitchen is now decorated with chickens but I can't bear to part with this old cookie jar and salt and pepper set.

4 comments:

Linda said...

This is a wonderful cookie jar. This cat has some glass. When I hear cat cookie jar I think of a black and white one. Yours is a real keeper. Your grandchildren will all want it someday.

Linda

Margie's Musings said...

Probably. I really like it. Thanks Linda.

Judy said...

Isn't it funny how we have our favorite things that we can't stand to part with? I love the cookie jar. I am sure there are lots of cat lovers out there that would try to get it from you!

Margie's Musings said...

I wouldn't be surprised, Judy. I have tried to find another like it online but I haven't had any luck. It's a Fitz and Floyd.