Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Muse


Well, our son left this morning for Missouri again. We had a good visit. He is so depressed that what he really needed was someone on which to unload. His dad and I listened to him quite a bit and we spent a lot of time with him. He is good company. His latest picture is here to the right.

After he left, we went on to church school and church. We had a bunch of visitors today and that was good for our morale and attendance too. Bob had an excellent sermon.

Later we went to lunch at a restaurant called Lanning's and had some of the worst food I've had in years. I had my doubts about going there. I had been there four times before and never had a decent meal but Bob wanted to give them another try so we did and that was a huge mistake.

Now I will work on my Sunday notes and get them in the mail.

Tomorrow I start putting drops in Bob's eyes again in preparation for his cataract surgery on Wednesday. He gets two drops in each eye four times a day until Wednesday.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I am sure your son enjoyed his visit with the two of you and getting to tell you his troubles. My children do the same thing when they come home. Don't you hate to go to a restaurant and pay good money for bad food? Bob and I went to a chinese buffet here not long ago and there was a bug on the cucumbers on the salad bar. Bob picked up the piece of cucumber with salad tongs and gave it to the girl to toss. He thought it was something that maybe just got in the door or something. I choked on every bite I had to eat and will not go back there ever!

Margie's Musings said...

That's the way I feel too, Judy. I told my Bob we would try this restaurant one more time but then that was it. The bill was over $20 and the food was inedible. We brought the meat home for the dog.