Monday, August 18, 2008

House Cleaning Day


Monday is house cleaning day here. I cleaned everything this morning and Bob ran the vacuum for me. This something relatively new. He never helped with housework until about four years ago when he started doing the vacuuming. I am delighted. I scrub the kitchen and baths and scrub the sinks, stools, tub/shower and floors. I also do three loads of laundry and dry and fold it out and put it away. He does the vacuuming.

My day begins early. At about six. sometimes earlier, I get up and make up and dress, feed and water the dog, cat and flowers. I feed the dog his morning treat. My cinnamon toast. I haven't had a piece of cinnamon toast since Scott brought him here. I go out on the patio with my coffee and the toast and he immediately comes over and sits down (without even being told) and looks up expectantly at me. After that, I get the leash and he gets really excited. We then take a walk. This is my routine every Monday.

If we have anything going on in the week, I sometimes will spruce it up again but Monday is my regular day to clean.

This is the latest picture of Scott. I took it yesterday beside
his precious jeep. The elderly man sitting next to him here in the yard swing is Bob, my husband. The yard is a good place to sit when the patio gets hot. That swing is where I sit to read when Bob is on deployment. Bob will have his second cataract surgery Wednesday.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I get up early too. Usually around six and have coffee, then check out the blogs. I ran the vaccuum this morning. You are lucky to have someone to run it for you! He should help though with all the other stuff you do. Nice picture of your son.

Margie's Musings said...

I will post a picture of Bob with him next. Bob is showing his 78 years. He does about all he can. When he is home from deployment, he mows too.