Friday, August 22, 2008

Hillary as a Running Mate

Last night I dreamed that Obama chose Hillary as his running mate. I truly believe if he did such a thing they would run away with the election. There are so many millions of Hillary fans who are undecided whether to vote for Obama.

One poll I saw last night saw Obama ahead of McCain by three points (that's just the margin of error) but if Hillary were the candidate, it said she would be ahead by six points.

I cannot believe this election is so close. What on earth do people see in McCain? He is not intelligent, (graduated near the bottom of his West Point class and could not have even qualified for West Point without a heritage entry) has a plan to stay in Iraq just as we did in Korea until just recently, knows next to nothing about economics, and seems clueless about the plight of the ordinary citizen.

He left his disabled wife after she stuck with him through all the years of his imprisonment for a rich woman with whom he was having an affair. I see nothing admirable about that.

But the worst thing is his terrible temper. He has had several confrontations with other senators right on the floor and even offered to punch one. If someone hadn't broken that up, it would have been a scandal. I do not want someone with that little control to have his finger on the red button. And speaking of scandals, he was a part of the Keating Five years ago but escaped prosecution.

It probably won't happen but I sure wish my dream would come true. Hillary's fans would vote for that team in a nanosecond.

4 comments:

Judy said...

McCain sure does have a lot going against him plus he is too old for the job! My Bob is going to be 70 in October and he can't remember anything. Even if his mind is o.k. now, he will lose it in a few years. Look how bad Reagan got before he was out of office.

Margie's Musings said...

Hey, Judy! I'll be 73 in December and I consider myself to be sharp as a tack! :)

Sansego said...

I do not want Hillary on the ticket at all. If she's on the ticket, Obama will not live to see Inauguration Day. There have been too many people who have conveniently died when they got in the way of the Clinton ambition.

Obama needs to watch "A Few Good Men" and try to find a way to get under McCain's skin so he can lose his temper and impeach his credibility like the way Jack Nicholson did in that movie!

Sansego said...

I don't trust the polls. There's something fishy about the whole thing.

As for McCain running even with Obama, I think it reflects a frustration that Obama has tacked to the right after securing the nomination. He's proving to be a typical politician, rather than the fresh, man of the people who presented himself as in the primaries.

Here's my view: if Obama wants to follow in the losing footsteps of Kerry and Gore, both who listened too much to the overpriced K Street consultants (who one has to wonder if they are really Republicans who want to ensure that Democrats lose election after election)...if Obama follows that path and loses, the I hope he moves to Kenya and never shows his face in America again.

This year should be an automatic landslide win for Democrats. If the parties were reversed and Bush was a Democrat, you know that the Republicans would be looking at a Reaganesque landslide.

If Obama loses, I'll give serious consideration to quitting the Democratic party. I'm tired of being in a losing party that tries to be Republican-lite. I'd rather lose in a progressive campaign than to lose trying to out-Republican the Republicans.