Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday At Last

Today Heather, my supervisor, will be back..not that means a lot. She hasn't been able to keep me busy all the past four weeks. But there's a chance there will be something to do....a slim chance.

This morning, while it was relatively cool, I went out and got my trimmer going. The one battery was evidently able to be charged. It was the one in the charger. So I got the yard trimmed. That's good because I leave for camp tomorrow and the yard was looking pretty ragged.

Of course, I am now soaked with sweat. I blotted myself off so I can leave for work shortly.

The flowers are watered and the animals are fed. Now the yard is trimmed. It will really need mowing again when I get home next Friday. My brother-in-law, Bob A. will come over morning and night and feed and water the animals and water the flowers in the mornings. That is a great help. Without his help, I couldn't go to camp.

Tonight he and I will go to Independence and Bowl for Life for my daughter...actually for Bob, my husband. The funds go to cancer research. I have recruited eight people for her project. My friends are simply wonderful. All but six agreed.

More later...it's time to go.

Well, I've done some laundry and some cleaning. I like to come home to a sparkling clean house. I'll have laundry to do and that will be plenty. It's almost 2:00 PM and in another four hours, we'll go bowl.

I had a phone call this afternoon from the Judicial Center. I have an appointment with this Nancy on the 20th. If she likes me, she may take me away from the senior services and I'll have actual "work" to do. I hope this works out.

2 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, how exciting that you are making progress in the job search. I know you are eager for work, and that alone should convince them to hire you since it's a hard quality to find. Best of luck.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair, but this would be the same program I am being trained under now at just a new location.

I have had virtually no luck finding a job despite three interviews. Once they realize how old I am they are fearful that I might die or become sick while employed by them.

It's hard for people to realize that so far I have no health problems and take no meds.