Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Half Through the Week on Wednesday

Well, it's Wednesday and I am dreading going to work. Aime never did call me back. I don't know why. I hate it when people don't return your calls.

I've been reading again and ran onto this author who says, "Our fears and infatuations with the next life have kept us from being gracious in this one. Emphasis on the next world has served as a way to escape from this world. In the author's view, "This world is our home and our responsibility. To shirk that duty in order to focus on a world we have no verifiable proof even exists is misguided." Preoccupation with an afterlife makes our own eternal well-being the goal of our faith, and that's the opposite of what Jesus said our goal should be. Isn't it time for the church to change its focus?"

I couldn't agree more.

I took Slinky for his walk this morning about quarter to six. It was about 70 degrees here at that time and he was delighted to go. When we got to the place where we turn north to climb the hill, he stopped. He waited awhile and then turned around and turned south to come home instead. I guess he wasn't up to climbing that hill this morning.

Today, after work, I have a meeting of ministerial alliance officers at Eggbert's. I will probably eat lunch there. Then we will work on plans for the new year which starts for the CMA in September.

I want to get a birthday card for my brother-in-law. His birthday is Tuesday.

Then in late afternoon, between five and seven, the cable company is going to come out and try to figure out why I keep losing the internet from time to time.

That will be interesting.

More later...

He thinks it's my modem but I don't think so. I think it's my router. It is humming...according to him. And it's quite old. At least four or five years. The modem is six years old but still has a strong signal.

It's always something. The Worx trimmer batteries, both of them..are not holding a charge. It appears I have to buy a new battery. I will talk to Worx GT tomorrow. They are on the east coast and were already closed. I was not aware that you should not leave the battery in the charger. I thought I read in the instructions that that was perfectly acceptable.

6 comments:

patsy said...

quote.. In the author's view, "This world is our home and our responsibility. To shirk that duty in order to focus on a world we have no verifiable proof even exists is misguided."
I have seen certain people exposing this idea and in my view most are not believer at all but are people trying to stamp out christainity.
certainly we should take care not to damage the earth but goverments is the big destroyer of this earth.
as well as you and I who have our air condition running, our heating in winter, our cars, our plastic containers and every thing we use every day.
turn your electric off, park your car grow your food. stop wipping your rear with toliet paper and washing your cloths with soap that go into the water ways and destroying the earth.
It is well and good to talk about saving the earth but who among us are willing to revert to doing with out our "things".
The bible says there will be a new heaven and a new earth and the reason is man is destroying this earth. in fact God said if he does not stop us we will destroy all of his creation.
so be aware that the person who is destroying the earth we, me and you, oh, shut off your computer now you are polluting the earth every time you use it.

Margie's Musings said...

Patsy,

Jesus taught the Kingdom of God on earth. If you read the Lord's prayer, that's what he was asking.

Betty said...

Good luck with the cable company. (snicker) It will probably take more than luck, though. Maybe a miracle?

Margie's Musings said...

They are to be here between 5:00 and 7:00 and it's nearly 5:00 now. I hope they can find out how to find the problem.

patsy said...

I do agree that the kingdom of God will be on the earth but God is going to have to do some mighty remodeling because we have just about destroyed the earth.
I don't think that we will get better graduly on our own as some people believe but it will take the might force of God to clean up the earth in fact revelations speaks of that in the 1000 year rule of Jesus as he sets on the throne in the New Jerusalem for 1000 years.
Heaven does exist and God does rule in heaven and his will is done there and will be done on this earth, but as of now satan rules this earth and the goverments of this world at this time are ruled by satan.

Margie's Musings said...

We will have to just agree to disagree, Patsy.

There is a lot of evil in the world...that's true. But there's also a lot of good. There are literally thousands of individuals and agencies attempting to build a better earth. We just don't hear much about those efforts because it's not "news".

I believe that there are a lot more good people on the earth then bad. I believe those people listen for and hear God's still small voice.

I also believe Revelations was not written for this day and age. It was written late as far as the history of the scriptures are concerned and aimed at the people of that day who were opposing the Roman Empire. That's why it was written so cryptically. Opposition to Roman's rule was a death sentence.