Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

This is the holiday Independence Day. It's a commemoration of freedom from the oppression of the British.

I am fixing my potato salad right now and later on this afternoon...around six o'clock, Bob A. and I will go out to John and Leslie's for a cookout dinner and fireworks when it gets dark. Leslie is fixing homemade ice cream so in one week, I will have it twice. That can't be too much for me.

I think Cyndi and Jeff are to be there too. Maybe my grandson Jeromy and Marlene and Maia will be there.

Other then that, I have no plans for the day. It will probably be a scorcher because it rained last night and the humidity will be something else. I should take Slinky for his walk before it gets too late but first I want to get this potato salad finished and in the frig.

More later....

The potato salad is finished and in the frig and the dog has been walked. He was delighted. It's only 8:45. I don't know what I will do the rest of the day. I have already cleaned and mowed and started trimming before the battery went down. I can't finish trimming because the grass is too wet. It rained last evening.

More even later...

Bob A. came by and we tried to get the power washer started. Even with new gas, we couldn't get that done. So, we will take it out to John this evening and see if he can get it done.

2 comments:

patsy said...

glad you are having a good holiday.

Margie's Musings said...

So far, so good, Patsy. Thanks for dropping by.