Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Heat

I think the heat is getting to me. I haven't felt well for the past couple of days. Of course, I'm not eating right. I'm not getting enough veggies and way too many sweets...including too much ice cream. I have a vague feeling of uneasiness.

All I did yesterday before going out to the kids for the cookout is watch TV. I did water my plants and take Slinky for a walk but other then that, I just didn't feel up to doing much of anything. I could have gone to visit Phyllis but I just wasn't up to it. My left knee is swelling up and aching. When I got home last night, I took a bath, took my melatonin and an Aleve. Then I slept fine but woke up feeling just a half bubble off of level. I suppose I should see the doctor but I am leaving next Saturday for camp.

More later...

Well, they had my morning filled with work. Will wonders never cease?

After a bite of lunch, I went out job searching. It was almost 100 degrees. Now I feel queasy again. It must be the heat. I have just about exhausted the job possibilities here in Coffeyville. I simply cannot afford to travel out of town to work...not at minimum wage.

I have a call in to Aime about the job search problem. I hope she calls me back soon. I have a funeral to attend at 6:30 and it's thirty minutes away so I need to leave at 5:30.

Later this evening....

Bob A. and I went to Caney for the funeral of a couple we both knew. They died 13 days apart. They were the other grandparents of his grandsons. He wanted to see the grandsons so we went down to the church basement after the services. David P. was his ex-son-in-law and Russell and Jeff, his sons, were there too but Galen's wife was having their baby today so he could not come. But I got to see David P, Russell P and Jeff P. They were pretty broken up after losing David's parents 13 days apart. I can't blame them. That's got to be rough.

I also saw several old friends. Beth R was there and my old boss, Chester M. as well. He was one of the dentists I used to work for....and a very good one too.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

You should see the doctor first, before getting all the way in the middle of no where and still not feel right, love you mom

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Keith. I am feeling better this afternoon. I think it was just the heat.