Saturday, July 9, 2011

Off to Camp Today

I'm going to meet my brother-in-law for breakfast at 7:30 this morning and then come home and pack my car for a week at camp. I hope I will be able to sleep over there. I am taking my melatonin and my sleeping pills just in case. I certainly did not sleep well last night.

I have already begun packing. I just finally got up and gave up at 3:00. I started worrying about my money. My social security does not come in until the 13th this month and everything is due before then...including my house payment. I finally just transferred some money from my savings to cover everything and then I will transfer it back when the social security comes in. I should have done that earlier. I really can't afford to go to camp but decided life is too short to miss everything over money.

When the time comes, I will just sell my house and move into senior housing.

I am going to take my computer but the reception is so bad out there in the country that I probably will not be able to get online and post so today may be all you hear from me until next Friday. Cell phone reception there is terrible too. So we are really cut off from the world...which is the whole idea, I think. It is supposed to be a form of retreat.

More later...

Well, we went to breakfast and then I came home to vacuum. First I took Slinky for a walk while it was still cool enough to do so. Funny, he did not want to climb that hill for the second time. He stopped, waited and then turned toward home. He is pretty old for a Shar Pei at 13 so maybe he just isn't up to it anymore. That's fine. It's more his walk then mine anyhow. So our eight block walk turned into a four block walk. But he seemed happy.

Bob A. will be over after while to see what all I'd like to have done every morning while I'm gone. Feeding and watering the animals twice a day is the main thing. My plants are looking pretty scraggly now anyhow. The heat has been hard on them even though I water them every morning.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Have a fine time at camp. We'll be watching for your return.