Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Again

It's Saturday again. This morning I will meet my brother-in-law for breakfast and then later on this morning we will go to Joplin to eat at Olive Garden and walk the mall there.

Last night there was simply nothing worth watching on TV so I read my book. I have three books started and have gradually lost interest in reading them. I am reading The Underground Church. I don't know how many of you readers have read it but I highly recommend it. It traces the journey of the Christian church from it's very earliest inception to the present day and the way the entire movement has changed it's basic message from meeting the needs of those in need to an emphasis on personal salvation.

I don't know how much others have noticed the fact that our young people are leaving the traditional church in droves. They see it as irrelevant. Actually our faith should be apparent in the way we live and how we teat others and not in what we say we believe. Faith, after all, means "trust".

Just a thought to begin the day.

No comments: