Thursday, December 20, 2012

All Day Thursday

I will be working all day today and the next three Wednesdays. I am trying to make up the time I will lose as the office shuts down an extra day for each holiday. I can't make up the holiday itself but I can make up the time lost in the two Mondays I will miss.

Bob is going to pick me up and take me to work today, pick me up for lunch (we will eat at Sirloin Stockade) and then bring me home this evening after work. That's his idea and I am agreeable.

Tomorrow we will also eat out. That's my day off and Bob wants to go to either "Just Us" or "Great China". We will make that decision tomorrow. Then Saturday we always eat breakfast out. There will be a little less home cooking until I get this work time made up. I just paid my car insurance in November, half my taxes this month and will pay my house insurance next month. I will watch my money carefully during this very expensive time for my budget.

We are going to Leslie's on Saturday night for gift opening and refreshments. She will have her famous egg nog, complete with "nog". It is my one break with being a teetotaler. I love her egg nog. If she wants me to, I will take my peanut clusters. I made them this week and have managed to stay out of them. I took some to my hairdresser on Tuesday and some to the office too. Those were gone almost immediately. I will take them some more today.

I will cook on Monday. I have the ham and will fix my Waldorf salad and potato salad on Monday. It is always better when it sits overnight in the frig. I will bake two pies...one, a mince, for Bob and a pumpkin for John and Leslie. I hope my crust turns out better this time. I was disappointed in the Thanksgiving pies.

We watched "The Help" last night. I had read the book and it seemed to follow the book very well. We enjoyed it.

We are forecast for snow today. It remains to be seen if we get it.

No comments: