Saturday, December 22, 2012

Usual Saturday

This will be my usual Saturday. I will meet Bob at 7:00 for breakfast at Eggberts. After that, I'm not sure what the day will bring. I need to look over my recipes and be sure I have all the ingredients I need for Tuesday's dinner. I did write to my nephew (Bob's older son) yesterday and invite him to Christmas dinner here. I haven't heard a word back from him.

We will go out to John and Leslie's tonight for our gift opening and snacks. I told Bob yesterday that he would not need to worry about gifts. He was invited for the snacks. He said he wondered about that.

Inky, my black outdoor cat, has disappeared again. I didn't see him at all yesterday. I had intended to let him sleep in my garage but he never came home. Someone else in the neighborhood may have given him shelter from the cold nights. The days are lovely...about 50 degrees.

Bob and I watched a video I rented yesterday from V & S variety. It was called "Iron Lady" and was about Margaret Thatcher. Meryl Streep starred in it and it was quite good. I have to return that video this morning before 1:00. I also need to get one of my prescriptions refilled.

I called Scott yesterday about 11:00 (7:00 AM his time) and we had a nice visit. He had finally got his car on Thursday. It was dirty so he cleaned it all up. His furniture still has not come. He is so happy to have his car. Now he can stop driving a rental car.

By the way, I recently bought two new books and I recommend both of them. The first is "Living the Questions" and is based on that "Living the Questions" DVD series my church school class studies before th "Saving Jesus" DVD we're studying now. . It is really a good book and easy to read and brings a lot of wonderful thinking for everyone to discuss and question.

The second is "The Great Emergence: How Christianity is Changing and Why". This second one was recommended by our Mission Center to my daughter who was in study group there.

Bob and I went out to John and Leslie's this evening for snacks and to open gifts. We had a good time and ate way too many sweets. :)

No comments: