Sunday, August 4, 2013

Another Rainy Sunday

I am thoroughly tired of rain. The only good thing about it is it tends to cool us down at least temporarily. When the sun does come out though, it is steamy. Today, I will go to church and afterward probably eat somewhere with the group. Then I don't have a plan. I went out to John and Leslie's yesterday afternoon and got some ground beef from them. Tomorrow I will fix porcupine meatballs for lunch. She also gave me some more roasting ears and we will have them too.

Missy, my cat, wanted to come out on the carport with me this morning. She is not entirely happy with the rain but still it's a welcome relief from staying in the apartment all the time. Usually she eats some grass but the grass is wet so she is foregoing that.

I read my Sunday Reporter this morning and when the rain abated awhile ago, I took it over to Bob. Then he takes it to church for my son-in-law to read.

After I get back from the dinner, I will do my weekly letters. Then perhaps I will get a nap.

More later....

Well I got a nap and watched a little TV before going to bed at 9:00.

4 comments:

marlu said...

New way to cook corn on the cob.
Two ears with husks on.
Eight minutes in the microwave for the two ears...on high.
Remove with oven mitts. Slice off stem end about 2" from end.
Use mitts to pull off husks.
NO silks remain on corn.
So easy.

Margie's Musings said...

Sounds good, Marlu! I'll have to try it. Leslie had shucked these and frozen them so I can't try it on these.

marlu said...

That is splendid service - shucked and frozen!!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. That's my daughter!