Monday, August 5, 2013

Computer Problems

The laptop computer is having a little problem this morning. I've rebooted a couple of times and run a utility and everything is working fine except Quicken. It won't open. I use it to back up my checkbook. I hope I don't have to remove the program and reinstall it. I would lose everything. It's been too large to backup on a thumb drive so I've just backed it up on my D drive. Maybe I can access it from there. I've defragged and done about everything I know to do. I'm running AVAST now.

I got up at 5:00 this morning. I had my coffee and went outside and Missy came out too. She and I stayed out long enough to see that there were no foxes and I drank my coffee and so I came back in to work on the laptop.

In about an hour Bob and I will leave for exercise class. He always drives.

More later....

We did go to our exercise class and later when I got home, I fixed the porcupine meatballs. They turned out very well. We also had our corn. It too was good. I fixed some fruit for dessert and we ate it with cookies.

I worked on my computer and got it working well again. I have Avast on this computer and it does a good job. Also I have a free program recommended by PC World magazine. It is called Glary Utilities. It is a very good utility that dolves a lot of problems.

This afternoon I also took a short nap. The noise from my landlord's mower woke me. He is back to mowing twice a week again. Last week the lawn got very high before they finally got it mowed. They had been mowing out at their ranch.

This evening I will watch TV if I can find anything to watch. We are also under a flood warning. It seems odd to have a flood warning in August. This has been a very strange summer. I'll bet we will have a terrible winter.

No comments: