Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday Lunch?

I'm supposed to have lunch with Gay at 11:30 in Cherryvale but right now it's pouring down torrential rain. There's lots of thunder and lightning. We have been under a flood watch lately and today just might be the day.

I went to the senior center yesterday afternoon and we played Skipbo. I had never played it before but it was fun. I played with Maxine, Connie and Marilyn. Connie and Marilyn are my neighbors here in the fourplex. I rode into town with them. The bank that sponsors these games provided root beer floats for dessert. I did not eat my usual smoothie after that large root beer float.

I saw Keith, a boyfriend from my youth, at the games. I barely recognized him. He would be about 84 now and has changed quite a bit with age. (Haven't we all?) I have seen him from time to time around town but not for quite awhile.

I didn't get a nap yesterday so I went to bed fairly early. I woke up several times for a trip to the bathroom. Finally I got up shortly before 5:00. There was absolutely nothing on TV worth watching. TV is worthless except for PBS. It's a good thing my landlord pays for it.

I did a couple of loads of laundry yesterday and changed my bed. I washed the sheets and am now washing Missy's throw. She lays in the recliner and gets hair all over it. I wash it at least once a week. It does keep the bulk of the cat hair off the recliner though.

I did go meet Gay for lunch. It was fun. We caught up on a lot of news. We had not met since before reunion (church camp). Scott called during lunch and I had a short visit with him then.

Now I will go watch some TV and hope to get a short nap.

I did get a short nap. I must have needed it. Bob came over after that and told me he mad managed to mess up his new notebook and could not get online. He brought it over and I got it working for him again. I don't know what the problem was. I never did figure that out. He does get a weak signal over there. He is using my router signal. He wil be over later this evening and we will watch the John Denver Concert from his Japan trip. I sure miss John Denver. I have several of his CDs that I play in the Bose system.

No comments: