Friday, December 27, 2013

A Busy Friday

I went to Independence today to have my hair done. Afterward I came back home and cleaned up my kitchen in preparation of going to Bartlesville later in the morning.  I pulled out a drawer in my kitchen cabinets and the drawer glide broke. I called my landlord about it and told his son, who is our service person that I was going to Bartlesville and would leave the door unlocked so he could take care of it at his leisure.

Then Bob and I went on to Bartlesville to eat at Dinks Bar B Q, shop at their Wal Mart store  (looking for a miracle foam mattress topper). I didn't find one because it's after Christmas and they must have sold like hotcakes.  Anyhow after we ate, we walked around the mall. There are no exercise classes until the first Monday after the 1st of the year.  We then came back home and read our mail. He went home to take a nap. My landlord's son had come in while we were gone and fixed the drawer glide. That was a pleasant surprise. It's so good to let someone else take care of repairs now that I am renting.

I went up to V & S Variety to get some more page protectors for the cards in my new cookbook.  Then I came back home and checked my mail and my e-mail. My electric bill was quite a bit higher then last month. Of course we had some very cold weather in the past month so I guess I should have expected it.  That's the only utility I pay so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I am trying to come up with something different for lunch tomorrow. I have some left over ham so I guess I'll make a scalloped potato and ham casserole.  I'll put a veggie with it and Bob will bring a salad. I still have pie for dessert.  That should do.

We will eat breakfast out tomorrow morning so I had better go to the bank.   Lunch took almost  the rest of my money today.  

2 comments:

Betty said...

I was amazed at how much I saved on repairs after I sold my house and started renting. You'll be very pleased after you add up the totals for a few months, because houses can really cost a lot in small repairs, as well as large ones.

Margie's Musings said...

You're really correct.