Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Crisp Christmas Day

It's quarter to 10:00 and I spent the morning putting together my Waldorf salad and making the green bean casserole up. I will bake it in Leslie's oven after we get out there. I want it to be hot to serve.

I searched everywhere for Leslie's Christmas gift and could not find it. Luckily I had bought her two. Finally I began taking the gifts out of the storage closet and lo and behold, there it was back in the back of all the other gifts. I had wrapped it after it arrived and it was hidden behind the other gifts. I have the table loaded down with gifts and the frig full of pies, fruit salad and green bean casserole.  We will take Bob's car out to the kid's house. His trunk is larger. I hope everything will go in there and ride alright too.

I hope to get back home by the middle of the afternoon. I always try to clean up with Leslie after our meal. Luckily she has a dishwasher but there are always pans and some utensils to be done in the sink. Tomorrow, I will put away my Christmas decorations. Next year I am going to get another small tree. Even though I had my ceramic tree, I missed having a real Christmas tree. I have a small space in my living room where I could put it.  I bought a few new to me decorations this year to make the apartment look more festive.

More later....

Our meal was very good! Jeromy and Marlene donated the ham the company gave to Jeromy, Leslie made twice baked potatoes and rolls and I took the green bean casserole and the fruit salad. My pies turned out all right after all though the crusts on the pecan pie were a  little dark.  

I took a lot of photos at John and Leslie's as they helped their grandchildren (my "greats") open their gifts. 

I will  post some of them here.  Cheyenne opens her new: baby" Cabbage Patch doll.  Maia received one too but hers was an "older" doll for a three year old (nearly four) Then John and Leslie gave each of them a new trike and they took them out on the drive to try them out.


John has this little half Jack Russell and other half Rat Terrier named Speck. He takes her everywhere with him in his truck.

Last of all, this photo shows the children open their gifts in the living room. Leslie is in the back with Cheyenne and Marlene is behind Maia. 

John and Leslie have this huge tree two stories high. .You can see it in the background. 
.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Margie, I hope you had a wonderful day. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Margie's Musings said...

I did, Betty. Thank you. I hope yours was really great too!

Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!