Sunday, December 22, 2013

Quiet Sunday at Home

Leslie called last night before I went to bed and said she and Melissa had conferred and were going to cancel church because of all the ice. We were to have had the children's Christmas program and were going to give them their gifts too. But we can't control the weather. And we don't want to be responsible for wrecks and perhaps even injuries.  If I can get to Independence on Tuesday, I will drop off the three gifts Bob and I bought for Levi. I had just wrapped them and didn't get them out to church and under the tree. We were also to have had our Christmas dinner at church. That's been cancelled too, of course.

I went to bed at 9:30 and went right to sleep. I woke up at 1:30 and could see I was going to have trouble getting back to sleep so I got up and drank a glass of milk. That did it. I slept until 6:30.

I have fixed my biscuit and my coffee this morning and am just working on my computer. I downloaded and installed  the latest edition of Java. My browser insisted I needed to do so.  We'll see how it works.

More later....

 Hey! My Christmas cactus is beginning to bloom now.

We called Phyllis and asked her to go to lunch with us at Sirloin Stockade and she did. We had a nice visit and some good food. Now I don't know what I will do with  the rest of the day. Maybe I should take a nap.

There are no exercises tomorrow or for that matter, the rest of the holiday...two weeks.   The woman who runs the senior center is taking two weeks vacation at this time of year.

No comments: