Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday Again

Where does time fly! It's Saturday again and we will go eat breakfast at Eggberts as usual.  Bob came over last night and we had a small glass of wine and watched PBS together.  We could not find another Big Bang Theory so he went home to read.

I continued to work on my laptop computer which had developed a virus or a malware. I thought I finally got it all by running SpyBot several times and acting as administrator to delete those malware. My Avast had detected the problem. I went into the Wal Mart site to find one of those Miracle Foam mattress toppers and after ordering one, I received an e-mail telling me my address was incorrect on my order and I should fill out an attached form and send it back to them or they would cancel the order after ten days and charge me a restocking fee. I tried to open their attachment and that's where I went wrong. Soon another e-mail came that confirmed my purchase. That was the real Wal Mart and I have been fighting that malware ever since all this happened last night.  I don't know what else I can do. Avast continues to block it but the attack has continued.

More later...

I ended up doing a complete scan of the system to get rid of the malware in it. Then I went out to Wal Mart and reported it to them. They had already had one customer come in and report it but I was the one who brought them the name of the malware. .  


2 comments:

Betty said...

It's getting so it's dangerous to order things on line. I'm glad I didn't order anything from Target this year. I do most of my ordering from Amazon.com, but it's probably not immune. I have ordered a few things from Walmart, too, but after reading about your experience, I'll be careful there, too, and just go to the store and order if the don't have the item I want.

Margie's Musings said...

Good idea, Betty. I learned the hard way. I'm just glad I have it fixed now. A complete boot scan got that job done.