Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After Christmas

This will be a busy day. I intend to put away my Christmas decorations and get my house back in order. I took my vacuum sweeper in to Liebert Brothers Electric to have the power drive repaired. I hope they can repair it.  I have had that Hoover sweeper  since Jerod was two years old. That would be 25 years ago. It's been a good one.

I will need to find some boxes to put everything in. When I put away my fall decorations, I used what boxes I had on hand.

I made a pot of my new gourmet coffee my niece and her husband gave me for Christmas. I love flavored coffees. They also gave me a new mug to drink it from. I put it in the dishwasher this morning and will use it later. The coffee is really good though. This one is vanilla hazelnut flavor.  Bob is supposed to come over for coffee this morning but I have heard nothing out of him so far.

Bob gave me a variety of goodies from one of those companies that packages them only at Christmastime.   I have refrigerated it and will eat on it later.

Jeromy and Marlene gave me tea and new family photos. I will get some magnetic photo holders for the ones of the girls. I like to put them on my frig doors where I can enjoy them all year around. . 

More later...

I went to the market and stocked up on sale items. I found some magnetic photo holders for the girls' photos at the Dollar General store. I also bought a bag to store my wreath in.  Everything is put away now.  I even took the leaf out of my table and that made it round.

I put my wrapping paper in a bag and confiscated the box I had it in for my Christmas decorations. They all fit in. .My storage closet is nice and neat with everything labeled so I won't have to guess where I put everything again.

Bob dropped over and brought me some of his warm banana nut bread. Yum! I had to have a small piece while it was hot.

We will eat our leftovers for lunch today. I have half that tuna noodle casserole left and fruit salad and a little green bean casserole.  So we will have plenty to eat.  I imagine he will go home afterward to have a nap. He is subbing today for Barbara and delivering her meals on wheels.  She has gone to Lawrence where her daughter lives for the holiday. We will not have exercise class again until the Monday after the 1st.

1 comment:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Christmas leftovers are wonderful. I sent most of them home with my sons but the day after, it was nice to have some potato hash brown casserole with eggs + christmas ham. It was like being at Cracker Barrel without having to get dressed and go! :)