Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thursday Laundry Day

I have started my laundry this morning. I only have one load but I want to stay ahead of it.

I slept very well last night...only woke up once and went to the bathroom and then took my thyroid med.

I awoke at 5:00, my usual time, and then just got up. Missy was ready too. I fixed my cereal and made coffee in my new coffeemaker.

I read the newspaper and am now ready to clean the kitchen floor.  I want to make a coffeecake today and that will give me something neat to eat with my coffee. I also need to make cookies again. I am out.  We finished most of the ice cream we bought last week at Braums. They will be demolishing the Braums store next week and building a new one by March. I will really miss this one because I buy my milk from them and Bob gets most of his salad makings there too.

Next week the library is supposed to call my for a job interview . I hope to get the job so I can double my car payments and also repay the money I have borrowed from my savings for the coffeemaker and Christmas tree.  I still have 22 months left in the federal program that provides the pay for the work. It's minimum wage but anything will help.

Maybe while I am working I will be able to swing a new flat screen TV. Then I can go back to the starter package for my TV. All I ever watch is PBS and the network news. I have to have a box right now and pay for the Economy package to receive any TV at all. The TV went out on my old TV a couple of months ago. The DVR box from Cox is the only way I am receiving any TV at all.  That costs more then I want to pay for TV I don't even watch. The box by itself is $9.50 per month. Oh well...it's always something.

I haven't heard anything from the maintenance man about my dishwasher door spring.

More later....
 Temple and auditorium at night
This is the Temple in Independence, Missouri where the Peace Colloquy was held. The dome of the Auditorium is in the background and that's where our International Conferences are held. The Temple is dedicated to Peace.  We have a Peace Colloquy each year and award a $25,000 award  to a different recipient each year. This year it went to Bread  for the World for their efforts to eliminate poverty and hunger worldwide.

Here's another photo of the Temple in the daylight:

 Community of Christ Temple in Independence MO

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Looks like an amazing building. It must be spectacular inside.

Hope your job comes through.

How do you like your new coffeemaker? I make tea in mine, but use a tea bag instead of always using a K Cup. I love the convenience and ability to make Joe something different.
Have a great day,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I love my new coffeemaker, Balisha....and yes, it is a spectacular building and all paid for before it was even begun. People donated extra especially for the Temple.