Monday, October 15, 2018

A Busy Monday

This will be a big day. I hope I am up to it. I awoke at 2:30AM and went to the bathroom, cleaned out Missy's litter box and took my med and then went back to bed. I couldn't get back to sleep. I finally just gave up and got up at 3:45AM.

The first thing I need to do after the City of Coffeyville opens this morning at 8:00AM is go up there and pay my electric bill. I usually pay it online but for some strange reason, I forgot to schedule it. So now I will have to pay it in person or pay the penalty. I also need to get gas.

Then I will come back home and wait for Leslie to tell me when she wants me to meet her at Tyro to pick her up and go on to Bartlesville. We are going to Tate Boys there to buy four new tires today for my car. Then we plan to eat at McCalister's across the street from Tate Boys while they mount them.

John and Jeromy came Saturday while I was manning the rummage sale at the senior center and put the TV antenna pole up. Jeromy was in a hurry to go to work at the pool hall so they didn't get the antenna mounted. Maybe Keith will do that when he and Esther are here in November. John didn't know if there was enough antenna wire up there in the attic to stretch to the top of the pole. He called to ask Keith but Keith didn't remember how much there was up there in the attic.

It's 4:30 now so maybe I'd better feed Missy and myself.

More later....

I got Missy and myself fed and ready for the day. I went to Woodshed and filled up my tank with gas and then went by Country Mart and bought icing for my cake. I also picked up a birthday card for Mary Beth. By then it was time to leave for Tyro to meet Leslie. We went to Bartlesville and Tate Boys for the tires and they gave us a loaner to use while Leslie does some shopping she wants to do for the farm. Then after that we went to McCaister's for lunch. It was, as usual, very good!

After lunch, we stopped by Tate Boys and picked up my car. All four tires need alignment so there was an extra $79.98 on the bill. She gave me my mail in $100 rebate and when I got home I filled it out and mailed it in.

John and Leslie came back this evening  to take the little girls to their Karate class and John climbed up in the attic and found the antenna was on the floor of the attic. No wonder I had such bad reception!  Leslie also re-screwed in the antenna plug into the Tivo and John found another loose connection on the other side of the TV and tightened that. My picture became perfect. I now have a nice sharp channel 6 picture and can get CBS news clearly.  John still intends to try to get the antenna out on the pole to see if I can get even more channels with an outside antenna on an outside pole.

While I was outside in the back going inside to get my phone, I tripped and fell on my right hand and hurt that right hand. After about 15 minutes the hand stopped  hurting although it was slightly swollen. Before I went to bed, I took an Aleve ...just in case

About 7:00PM, I took my bath and soaked the hand too. Then Missy and I watched another episode of "The New Detectives" on my Amazon Prime. We both went to bed shortly after 9:00PM.

No comments: