Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday and a Badly Swollen Hand

I slept fairly well last night. I was a little concerned about getting the apartment ready for the carpet cleaning at 10AM this morning. I got up at 2:30AM to go to the bathroom and stayed in bed until 4:00AM to try to get back to sleep but it was no use. When I got up and dressed I noticed the hand was swollen even worse then last night. It still does not hurt.  I got myself ready for the day and am going to eat breakfast. I have already fed Missy.

I think I will call Darrell this morning and postpone the carpet cleaning and go by the urgent care and see what is going on with the hand. It is my right hand and I am very right handed.

I plan to meet Gay at 11:30 to have lunch with her class members at Lannings. Then at 2:00PM I plan to go to Asbury Village for Bunco.

More later...

I couldn't reach Darrell but I got his answering machine and left a message that I was going to have to reschedule again and my number. The urgent care opens at 8:30 and I want to be first in line there. It's only a little past 7:00AM now. I did notify Leslie, my daughter.

More even later...

I got right in at acute care and they sent me to Dr. Gillis' to be x-rayed. They said the doctor would call me in the morning with the results.   We will see. I have heard that story before. Anyhow, I got right in and out and called Darrell .back to see if I could still get him to clean my carpets. He could. He came out at 10:45 and got right on it and did a great job. My carpets look like new! They are still damp. before he came, I vacuumed real well...using my left arm to vacuum. It cost me $65.00 but he did a great job.  I dd not have him do the bedrooms since I do nothing in there but sleep. I will vacuum in the re tomorrow morning.

He got finished in good time and I had him position the fan where he thought it would do the best job of drying the carpets. They still have a ways to go but they are getting there.  Then I went to  Lannings to eat with Gay and her class members.  Afterward I went out to Asbury Village to play Bunco. I won the draw for a welcome  sign.

Then I came back home. I am out of yogurt so I am not sure what I will eat.  I don't want my leftovers from lunch at this point.  I may have soup.

When my carpet was nearly dry, I moved everything back in the rooms. I only moved light things since I didn't want to move anything too heavy.  Anyhow, it looks very nice! 

More later....

I ate an ice cream bar.  Tomorrow I will need to get some more yogurt.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and lay down with Missy to watch Amazon Prime TV  and fell asleep around 8:00PM and when I woke up it was 10:30PM. I got up and turned the TV off and Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: