Monday, September 16, 2019

Monday and Laundry

I got up early, as usual. I have dressed, had my breakfast and fed the cats. I stripped my bed this morning and washed my sheets and towels and underwear. They are in the dryer now.

I will also vacuum the apartment today and perhaps even mow this evening. It will depend on the heat. I will definitely mow tomorrow. I get my hair done on Wednesday. I also think that is Bunco at Asbury Village at 2:00 in the afternoon.

I am to meet Bill Wade at 10:30 on Wednesday too. He is one of the folks organizing Coffeyville's Reawakening to try to revitalize the community. It's going to be a big job. Everyone's online shopping (including my own)  is causing local retail to fail. I do buy my clothing in the store so I can try things on. Amazon has us all spoiled to free shipping and two day delivery.

More later. My laundry may be finished. I need to remake my bed and fold out my towels..

I got the bed re-made and everything put away. I still need to vacuum and perhaps even mow. My right arm is sore this morning so I will just vacuum unless the arm gets better before evening.  The grass is too wet from dew to try to mow this morning anyhow. I will try to do it at 7:00PM or 7:30PM this evening.

Something happened while I was running the dryer. The power went off just for a second. The computer says Firefox crashed and I had to turn it off and let it reboot to get the desktop to come back up. So far, so good. I hope it wasn't the air conditioning that went out. The light in the bedroom went out momentarily but came right back on. I notice it also affected the TV. It automatically went to the Amazon Prime site. I had been watching the Tulsa channel 6 and CBS news site.

More later...

I got everything but the den vacuumed using my left arm. That works! The right arm holds the cord. And in about an hour I will have the mail.

My son, Scott, had an update on the progress on the new home.

 Image may contain: house and outdoor

See all the new outdoor lighting!

Not much mail today. No newspapers at all on Monday.It's 4:25PM now. I am hoping the weather will cool off a lit and I can mow the back yard. It is small. If that works out, then tomorrow I will mow the side yard.  That would do it for the week.

I will go read some more. I am reading "The Chamber" another John Grisham book.

It's almost 5:00PM but still 91 degrees out there so I will wait to mow until around 7:00PM. It should be cooler by then. I would like to get the back mowed this evening and that would just leave the west side to do tomorrow evening.

More later...

About 7:00PM, I mowed the back. It was in the shade and that helped. There was also a slight breeze. After I finished, I came in and took my bath. Then I watched "Murder She Wrote" and "Bull". and then after that I went on to bed. 

No comments: