Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday and a Birthday Party

I woke up fairly early this morning. My sinus were draining last night and I had to get up and take a Benadryl tablet to get to sleep. But I slept well after that. I had a text from Scott early this morning that he had become a grandfather.  The baby is Jerod's and his girl friend, Stephanie's, and they named her Delilah Grace. I went to Scott's Facebook page and clicked on Jerod's photo and took the photo off his site. This is my seventh great grandchild.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sleeping and baby

I am going to Chanute this morning for a birthday party for my dear friend, Gay, that Adele, her sister, is holding at Opie's in Chanute. Gay will be 81 on Saturday.  Adele called me to ask me to come and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Now I need to have my coffee and oatmeal so more later....

I had my coffee and oatmeal and watched the news. Then at 9:00AM, I went out to church to use the copier. I fixed 8 of those packets to send off to classmates that don't have e-mail.  I gave one to Gay. She's an alumni too. I gave her a gift and a birthday card. Her actual birthday is Saturday the 21st..

After lunch I came back through Independence and stopped at their Walmart store to buy yellow manila envelopes to send those packets off in. I addressed them and took them to the post office here in Caney and got them in the mail.

Then I read the newspaper and did the crossword puzzle and watched the news on TV.  It's been another big day.

More later...Tomorrow I may go over to Coffeyville and have their $2.00 lunch at the senior center.
We  will see...

More later...

I read the Reader's Digest until bedtime and then took my bath and went on to bed. I was very tired.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Ah, you are great grandma again.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, number seven!