Monday, November 18, 2019

Monday and A Quiet Day

I don't have anything much planned for today. Everything seems to be caught up. I got quite a bit done yesterday. And I slept very well last night. I was up at 5:00AM as usual, ate my oatmeal and had my coffee and Chai latte. I also fed the cats. There were five out there this morning so I took out three extra bowls. Otherwise the large Tom cat growls at the gray kittens and even the yellow kitten that looks like him.  After they ate their fill, I went out and picked up the extra bowls and washed them. I left the double cat dish filled with the food from the others.

It's supposed to be in the 60's again today. I am looking forward to that. I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling this is going to be a hard winter. It's been such a different fall and such a hot summer. 

This week we have bunco at Asbury Village. I intend to go as usual. It's supposed to rain on Wednesday but rain has never stopped me. I will pick up Bob for breakfast as usual if he still wants to go, get my gas as usual at Woodshed and even go to the Coffeyville Walmart for what little I will need by then. I will get my hair done at the beauty shop at 9:30AM and may go to the library to read since the bunco at Asbury Village doesn't begin until 2:00PM and lasts until 4:00PM. After that, I will come back home.

That's the plan anyhow. 

I hope to see Nancy today. Her son, David, and his wife are supposed to come for Thanksgiving but they are having bad stormy weather in North Carolina  this week and I am not sure they will be able to come. Maybe it will clear up by next week.

More later.....

It's 7:00AM now and I will watch the news. 

I watched the news and a couple of programs I had recorded. Then I contacted Keith about getting into his blog site. I had not been able to make the old login or password work. I learned he had changed the password so after I got in finally, I posted the posts there I had not been able to post since the desktop computer had died.

I talked to Suzanne this morning about the new kitchen and bathroom floors, She wants to wait until Spring to do them now.  The taxes on this place have gone up and they are due December 21st. 

Then I ate my lunch. Now I will go out and get my mail

More later....

All I got in the mail was an advertisement for Goody's. They are closing their retail stores and are opening their doors for one last sale.  It is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I don't need a thing. but I might do some Christmas shopping then. All I buy for are the local relatives. I am sure the other kids and their families don't need a thing I could afford.

More later...

I went out this afternoon and pulled up all the dead flowers from my flowerbed. I set the trash container out at the curb for the Tuesday morning pick up of the trash.

I was reading before that and dropped off asleep for a few moments. I decided I needed to get out of the house. It's a beautiful day!

John, my son in law and my daughter,. Leslie have gone to Bartlesville today for John to have one of his eyes operated on for a cataract. 

John and Leslie will go Hays, Kansas next Monday to meet the new owner of their last Corgi puppy and hand him over to them. 

More even later.... 

I spent the afternoon putting together two new congregational directories. One for December of 2019 and the other for 2020. I put them on the foyer table for people to pick up for their use at home.

I watched the last  episode of "Murder She Wrote" this evening. I was going to watch "Bull", my favorite program but ended up just recording it and went on to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: