Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sunday and Coffeecake

I slept fairly well last night but got up earlier then usual. I got myself ready for the day and ate my oatmeal, as usual. I looked outside and three cats were waiting for their breakfast so I put out a couple of extra bowls so they would not fight over the food. The I filled their water bowl too

I had my coffee and am working on the Chai now. I was working on the class newsletter and almost forgot to bake the coffeecake. I have it in the oven now. The little girls will probably be at Sunday school and they always look forward to the coffeecake.

As I may have mentioned earlier, I had intended to have the family here for Christmas Eve but I later learned that Jeromy, my grandson, and his family plan to go to Topeka for their Christmas with Marlene's family. Leslie asked him when we would have our side of  the family's Christmas. He decided it would have to be at 11:00AM the day before Christmas and they would leave from John and Leslie's to go to Topeka.

So I am taking my gifts and the refreshments out to their house and John and Leslie will host the gift opening there. Yesterday I got the peanut clusters done and I will make the cranberry bread Tuesday morning before going out to John and Leslie's. I am also taking cider. She has eggnog from Braums! Yum!

Leslie is on call this Christmas.  She had Christmas off last year.

I am supposed to go out to Steve and Suzanne's after church this afternoon.  She will have to give me directions on how to find their place. They live in the country in rural Caney. 

Tomorrow I have an 8:30AM hair appointment in Coffeyville and I will drop off the second library book at the library there after that. Then I will come back to Caney to meet Gay and Adele for lunch at Eggberts here. I may make up that cranberry bread that afternoon after they go on to Bartlesville for their doctor's appointment.

Wednesday is just another day this year. I will celebrate Christmas by myself. I will go with Bob and Joanne and her daughter, Nancy, to "Just Us" in Cherryvale.  I will go over to Joanne's at 11:00AM on Wednesday and we will take her SUV to Cherryvale. Probably I will put away my Christmas decorations in the afternoon.

More later...

Pablo, next door, told me a little while ago that someone tried to break into his apartment last night and tore the screen off a window and threw it up on the roof of the duplex, I noticed a smear of blood on my door. but no damage.

He called the police to report it this morning and I called them too this evening. I wanted to be sure the police patrolled this area.

I went by Nancy's and took her some peanut clusters. She had been in bed all day . She aches all over. I stayed an hour or so. She wanted me to stay.

I watched some TV until 8:30PM and then just took my bath and went to bed.

No comments: