Monday, February 10, 2020

Another Computer Bit the Dust

Yesterday afternoon after I sent out the congregation's newsletter, the laptop's capacity to reach the internet died. I called Cox Complete Care and he tried everything possible to get it to work. We rebooted the modem but that didn't help.  Today I will go with Leslie to Bartlesville to her doctor's appointment and afterward we will go out to their Walmart and I will buy another of those USB internet adapters. She will get it installed for me. like she did for the desktop computer.

I slept well last night anyhow. I have had my breakfast and dressed for the day.  I have even done my laundry. I need to put it in the dryer now.

I have done that now.

I contacted Bob this morning and he told me that Dr. Eslicker was retiring so I will need to find another dermatologist.

More later....

Leslie came by at 9:00AM and took me with her to Bartlesville to the doctor. I am having my records sent to Dr. Hill there in Bartlesville. She used to be in with Dr. Eslicker in the  past but has opened her own practice on Frank Phillips Blvd.  He examined me too today since I had a July appointment and he will be leaving and retiring in the end of April. He zapped me one place on the cheek.

I heard from John today and they have 7 puppies at last count. He thinks that is all.

Leslie and I had lunch in Bartlesville and then went to Staples where we picked up the USB wireless adapter for the laptop and she bought some paper for her printer. And she also washed her car while we were there in Bartlesville.

When we got back to Caney, she hooked up the adapter and got me back online and then we moved everything back to the den and set it up there in the computer console..even the printer. Now my dining room looks like a dining room again.

I finally got everything straightened up in the console and shredded a bunch of stuff that was just junk. It is so good to have the laptop again and to have everything back in the den where it belongs. It is 2:35PM now and I will get back to this later....


I ended up going out to Sonic and had a small Sonic Blast. I couldn't think of a thing I wanted to eat.

I watched the news on TV and I was going to watch "Bull" but decided to take my bath at 7:00PM and went on to bed about 8:30PM

2 comments:

Annsterw said...

Bummer - computer issues are the worst but that is great you have someone to go with and install it for you! Fingers crossed it goes quickly and easily for you! HUGS

Margie's Musings said...

As usual, Ann, she did a great job. She is very handy with that kind of thing...actually everything she does, she does well.