Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sunday and Coffeecake and No Communion

I woke up about 5:00AM and just got up. I had had plenty of sleep.

I dressed, got ready for church and had my oatmeal and coffee and am now working on my Chai.

Three cats showed up for breakfast and I just took their food out. They are always so hungry and ready for breakfast. Mama cat and Big Yellow Tom and small yellow cat are all eating.

Last night when I went out to bring in the bowls a possum was eating there. I chased it off and brought in the bowls and washed them. I no longer leave the bowls out there when the cats are finished.

I see there was no shadow for Phil to see this morning so they think there will be an early spring. We will see.

I have the coffeecake in the oven and the dishes washed. When it is finished and cool, I will ice it.

Meanwhile...more later...

It cooled and I iced it and loaded the car with the cake as well as the coffeecake. Then I drove on over to the church at 8:30AM, froze the cake and cut the coffee cake and made coffee. At 10:00AM, those who came for Church school arrived and we had our class.

Melissa had the sermon and postponed the communion until next week when we have a baptism.

After church, Phyllis and I went up to Great China for lunch and I brought home enough for tomorrow's lunch too.

When I got home I put out the congregation's newsletter and mailed off four for those who I have no e-mail address. Tomorrow the mailman will pick them up.

More later..I am going to go read that last book I have here to read. The Superbowl starts at 5:30PM on Fox network and I will watch that later. I will record 60 Minutes off CBS.

More later....

I watched the Superbowl and was so glad the Chiefs won.  When I was selling radio advertising back in the 80's I used to sell a package called the Chiefs Caravan and we salespeople go to go on a bus trip with the winner of the drawing connected with that advertising and got into the game free of charge. We had a great time and we were charged with keeping track of all those drawing winners. We also sold a Royals caravan for baseball.

I went to bed after all the festivities were over.

No comments: