Friday, May 29, 2020

Friday and A Phenominal Night's Sleep

I was amazed when I woke up this morning at 5:20AM. I had slept through the night without waking up once and with no pain in the arm. That's a first.

I dressed and got myself ready for the day, had my breakfast of oatmeal and coffee and am now working on my chai latte.

After I finished my coffee I opened the front door to two yellow cats. It was Big Yellow Tom and his yellow half grown kitten. I fed them and they dug in on that cat food. I believe they both are gone now so I will bring in the food before the ants or the birds get into it.

I heard from my classmate, Dean, yesterday. He is planning on coming in June to check on his farm over at South Coffeyville and will be staying a couple of days. Earlier he had planned to take me and we were going over to Pawhuska to see the Pioneer Woman site. I don't know whether he still plans to do that or not. He told me to figure out where I where to eat in the area. It will probably be in Bartlesville since there is only one restaurant in Coffeyville besides the El Pueblo over there and there is only Eggberts here in Caney besides the Mexican restaurant downtown. I have never eaten there since I moved here. I am not all that crazy about Mexican food.

I would like to take him over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" but I don't know whether Kay is open again or not. I will call over there and check it out ...maybe today. I don't know exactly when in June he is coming. I am sure he will tell me as soon as he knows. We might just wait and eat at Pawhuska if we go there. I'll try to work that out with him before he comes.

I took my plants back outside this morning since it's supposed to be a beautiful day today. They look a little ratty now but I am hoping they will recover.

I still have to vacuum the den today. I never did get it done yesterday. Instead I visited with Nancy.

So more later...

It was a beautiful day today and I just couldn't stay home. I contacted Nancy and asked her is she would like to go over to Coffeyville with me. She said she would love to . She was as sick of staying home as I was. We drove over to Coffeyville and I took her out to see the Walmart store. I didn't stop and shop. I didn't want to deal with it.

Instead we went to what used to be the Countrytime  Music Theater. It is now an antique mall and has been for twenty years. We walked through that for an hour and a half and she bought a few things she liked. Then we went out to El Publito and had a number 13 luncheon dinner.  It was very good and I brought some of mine home for tomorrow's lunch. We had a good time!

I took her home and went in for awhile. She loaded me down with food from the food pantry that her cousin's widow brought to her. I will try to give it to Krystal on Monday when her daughter comes to mow. I will never be able to eat it all. I have blueberries, small tomatoes, red berries and more then I could ever use. I had told Suzanne not to pick up any for me at the food pantry and the Nancy loaded me down with hers.

I checked over my mail and ate a breakfast bar for supper.

I will eat some grapes later.. Right now it is 6:05PM and it has been a very good day.

More later....after I have my bath at 7:00PM.  I am watching the news now.

After the news, I watched a few episodes of Forensic Files and about 9:15PM, I went on to bed.


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

When you're in Pawhuska, take a tour of the Catholic Church there. Cliff and I really enjoyed that. It's beautiful inside and out, and has past connections to the local native Americans.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the tip. I will tell him about it.