Monday, May 25, 2020

Monday Memorial Day

It's the holiday but it's the same old thing to me. If Everett and Tricia and Norma hadn't come it would not even seem like a holiday.

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up at  1:30AM with the pain in my arm. I finally took two Aleve and put some topical pain reliever on the shoulder and got back to sleep until 5:00AM. Then I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and have fed two of the yellow cats. I have even eaten a breakfast bar too.  The cats ate quickly and left to find shelter. It is raining lightly this morning. I am so glad Krystal's daughter came and mowed for me yesterday afternoon late. I got most of the trimming done too except for the back yard. When it finally dries up next weekend I will get that finished. It is supposed to rain all week and we are under flood warnings over at Coffeyville. The Verdigris river tends to flood when it rains a lot like this.

I don't have a plan for today.  Except I will vacuum the bedroom and wash the bare floors later this morning after the news is over. I am waiting for the "Weather on the 8's" to come on the weather channel.  Then I will change the channel to channel 6 for the Tulsa news.

Big Yellow Tom just came so I put the food back out for him. So far I haven't seen Scruffy Gray Cat today. And it's been a long time since I have seen mama cat and the only gray cat I have seen is scruffy.

There is a 90% chance of rain today.  In fact every day this week until Saturday... rain is forecast.

More later...the news is now on.

My daughter, Leslie called this morning and we had a time to chat. She has had an horrendous week with 14 hour days.  She was today off, thank goodness! I think she said  she only had to work one day this week. That will be a welcome relief.

Well, back to the news. It's time for the CBS news now.

I have the floors washed..the foyer, kitchen, and bathroom. I will wait to vacuum the bedroom until after the CBS news is over.

More..... after the vacuuming.

I vacuumed the bedroom and halls. Also I have emptied the vacuum cleaner and washed the filters. They are supposed to dry for 24 hours before I put them back in the vacuum sweeper. I have just laid them out on the rim of the sink until they are dry. Tomorrow, when I am ready to vacuum the living room, I will reassemble everything .

The plants are outdoors and I have watered them. So far..no rain. It rained a little last night and sprinkled a little this morning but it's 10:40AM and so far...no rain. Sometimes I wonder what an exact science weather forecasting is. They seem to miss it as much as they forecast it correctly. But it may rain yet. It's early.

It's almost 11:00AM and I am hungry. I have had my oatmeal and a breakfast bar and a slice of Suzanne's banana nut bread and it's a little early for lunch. I'll see if I can wait it out.

More later....

At 11:30AM I went out to Sonic and got the Kids' Wacky Pack. That's two chicken strips, an order of tater tots, and a tiny coke. That's their May special for $1.99.  On my way back home, it began to rain a little Now it has stopped again.  Just enough rain to spot up my clean car..oh well!!

I guess I will go back to the book I don't like. I bought it but I don't like the plot. That's the problem with buying a book without having the opportunity to look through it. That's why I prefer the library but our library isn't open yet.

More later....
 I finished the book and i didn't like it at all. I certainly didn't like the ending. I took my bath at 7:00PM and tried to watch TV but Travis spent the evening tracking a storm. He likes to dominate the entire evening when there's any kind of weather at all. I am going to bed at 9:00PM

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’ll be glad when the brace comes. Maybe it will help.

Margie's Musings said...

I hope so, Sister-Three!.