Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday and another Bad Night

It was another bad night. The arm ached from 11:00PM until 2:00AM. I tried everything including moving into the recliner in the living room but that didn't help and finally I just got up and took two Aleve...then I was able to finally get some sleep. I hate taking Aleve every night. It is supposed to be hard on the kidneys and liver. But I have to get some rest.

Two cats came for breakfast this morning. Scruffy gray cat and one of the smaller yellow ones came to eat. The yellow one is still eating and now another yellow one has joined him/her.  I can't see if scruffy is still there or not. I put three  bowls out there.....one of them was the double dish.

It has been raining last night. I think it has stopped now. I left both plants out all night last night for the first time. The geranium didn't hold up well through the experience. I should have known. I thought the rain water would be good for them. Caney water is not fit to drink. I use two filter pitchers and filter my drinking water or buy bottled water.

The only thing I have planned for today is to vacuum the living room. Nancy wanted to go to lunch today and we may do that for a change. I ate at Sonic yesterday and had the child's Wacky Pack chicken strip dinner with tater tots and a tiny coke. Everett had bought our lunch on Sunday at Coffeyville's Eggberts.  That Wacky Pack chicken strip dinner from Sonic is only $2.18.... with the tax.... through the rest of May.

More later.....

Big Yellow Tom came to eat and I had to put food out again.  He finished and is gone again now.  I will go bring in the geranium and clean it up. It was damaged by last night's rain. It looks pretty pitiful.In fact, the other plant doesn't look too good either. I brought both of them inside. I hope they can recover.

More later....

It's 7:45AM now. The CBS news comes on at 8:00AM. I will want to watch that.

I watched the CBS news and then checked my e-mail . I tried to call Nancy but she is either not up yet or is dependent on her family room phone which doesn't work much of the time. l will have to go over there and see if she is around. She wanted to go to lunch today but first I have to rouse her.

More later....

I came back home and fixed one of my chicken pot pies in the microwave for lunch. Later, I started my new book on Kindle It was "Legacy of Lies". I read all afternoon and finished the  new book at 4:15PM.  It was as good as any Grisham book. I simply could not put it down.

I called Nancy again after noon and this time she answered her phone. When I was there this morning, she was in the apartment above her garage going through stuff she had stored there. I told her I would be going to Coffeyville tomorrow for breakfast and my hair appointment and gasoline and couldn't eat with her on Wednesday, but we made a lunch date on Thursday.

Now it's after 4:00PM and I am watching the news.

I hope to be able to sleep tonight. I got so little sleep last night.

More later....

No comments: