Monday, July 13, 2020

Monday and Another Boring Day

I slept pretty well last night but still got up earlier then usual. I dressed and got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast . Several cats and kittens came for their breakfast and two of them, Scruffie and one of her kittens (the yellow one) stayed in hopes of getting more food. The ants find it before they completely finish it. I have to kill ants when I bring their food bowls in. That's aggravating.

I don't have a plan for today. I got everything thing done Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Krystal mowed yesterday evening so the yard looks nice. She does an even better job then the girls.

I even went to Dollar General and got what groceries I could get there yesterday afternoon. They didn't have any of my Hazelnut coffee but I am not quite out of it so maybe I will make it until Wednesday when I can go to Walmart and get my bananas as well.

They are requiring face masks at Dollar General or you are not supposed to come in. Every business needs to do that for the protection of their clerks as well as the customers.

The yard is wet this morning but when it is dry, I will go out and trim. I did go out and sweep off the walks and drive. But that's when I noticed it needed to be trimmed again. I also watered my plants. They look real good.

The strange loud noise from the refrigerator yesterday afternoon has not resumed. I don't know what it was but will keep an eye and an ear on it. I don't want to lose everything in the frig and freezer. I did text Suzanne about it but never heard anything back from her. If it happens again, I will call her. She evidently doesn't check her texts much.

More later...

Suzanne finally checked her messages and got hold of me about the frig. I told her it just made that loud noise for a short time...perhaps a half hour...then it quieted down again and I haven't heard anything strange out of it since. Strange...

Leslie contacted me med morning and asked me to come up to Anna Mae's in Independence to have lunch with her. So I got around and started up there. As I pulled out of the driveway, I saw something like a black rag lying in the street in front of my neighbors apartment. It wasn't a rag. It was one of Scruffie's little gray kittens and it was dead. I was heartsick. I parked my car and got a trash bag from the kitchen and put the kitten's body in that and put in in the trash container out in front to be picked up tomorrow. I don't have a shovel so I couldn't bury it.  I was just sick about it. Earlier I had noticed that for a couple of weeks I hadn't seen the other gray kitten so I thought someone may have adopted it or perhaps someone ran over it somewhere else. I hadn't seen a body though so it is still a mystery.

Now there is just the yellow kitten and the pitch black one.

I enjoyed my lunch with Leslie and we also looked around in the Sayers Ace Hardware  after lunch. She bought a birthday card for Keith. His birthday is August 3rd.

And I brought half of my sandwich home for tomorrow's lunch.

More later...

I worked on the blog and played games part of the afternoon and then read in my Kindle one of the free books I get from Amazon.

My neighbor came over and borrowed my mower. She is having the daughter of Krystal do her mowing. She is pregnant now and is having morning sickness.She had to quit her job.  One of the girls mowing accidentally hit a stump and bent the frame of their mower. I filled mine with gas and in a short time she had the mowing finished.

I never did get the trimming done yesterday. Maybe I can get that done tomorrow.

I watched some Forensic Files and took my bath at 7:00PM and went to bed at 9:00PM

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So sorry about the little kitten. I know you love them.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Sad about the little kitten. He didn't live long enough to learn to be careful crossing streets.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Susie. Poor little thing probably didn't know what hit it.

Yes, I feed them, Sister-Three, because I can't let them starve. And they are so cute!