Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday and a Birthday Dinner

I slept very well last night and didn't get up until 6:00AM. That's amazing!! I dressed and got ready for the day, had my breakfast and fed all the cats/kittens. 

I will leave at 8:30AM to leave for Chanute. It is Gay's birthday and I will meet the group at Opie's in Chanute and go with Adele and Gay to Iola to a restaurant for a birthday dinner for Gay Gay is 3 years younger then me so she may be 82....or 81...I am not sure which.

My Schwan's order came while Nancy and I were out to John and Leslie's yesterday. They left it packed in dry ice on my small porch area. I put it away when I got home. They did not have my chicken pot pies and I hate that because those are really good. However, my order was cheaper that way. They will bring them the next time they come...in two weeks. I have enough frozen meals from Wal Mart to hold me for awhile.

I have enough time to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors before I leave for Chanute. That's all I missed when I cleaned yesterday. I usually start my cleaning with that.

More later in the day....

I got the floors mopped and left at 8:30AM just so I would have plenty of time. I don't ever like to be late anywhere.

I met Gay and the other four gals at Opie's parking lot and we all went over to Iola in one vehicle. They had a really neat restaurant there and we enjoyed some really good food. We visited all the while. The restaurant had good separation of tables.

We had a good visit too. I got home about 2:00PM and read for most of the afternoon. I had my banana at 6:00PM and had my bath at 7:00PM and read until 9:30PM when I went on to bed.

2 comments:

Kay said...

It’s so wonderful to have meals ready to eat taken out of a freezer without a lot of bother.

Margie's Musings said...

True, Kay. I keep about six per week. I no longer try to cook. ...for just me.