Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Tuesday and a Change of Plans

 I slept well last night and didn't get up until 6:00AM and that is a record. Also, I wasn't near as light headed this morning. I have had my breakfast and am working n my coffee now.

When I opened the front door I had five cats/kittens waiting for their breakfast..rain or no rain.

I had an e-mail from Dean this morning and he has had a problem and wants me to reschedule his visit. I suggested next weekend but not knowing the nature of his problem I suggested he change the dates. He may have lost Rod's caregiver....he didn't say.

Now I will be able to go to Gay's birthday dinner on Friday. So, although Dean's visit is off, at least until his problem is resolved, I have another option for Friday anyhow. After awhile, I will contact Adele and tell her I will come after all. 

Adele was happy I was able to come and told me to meet them at Opie's at 10:45AM and we would ride over to Iola together to the restaurant. So Friday is on.

The cats appear to have eaten all they want so I should get the bowls back in the apartment. The rain has stopped at least for awhile.

I got the bowls back in and then three of the cats/kittens came back. So I put some of them back out there.They were evidently chased off by the larger yellow cats. And Scruffie hasn't showed up yet either. But if I leave those bowls out there, the ants or the slugs will get into them.

More later...

I have a leak in my drain pipe outside. I took a roll of duck tape out there and attempted to tape it shut. I don't know whether the duck tape will hold or not.

It appears the duck tape is holding out there. The water is no longer leaking at the junction of the drain pipes. It is coming out at the bottom of the drain as it is supposed to. So far, that has worked out.

More later...

It's almost 11:00AM and I need to go figure out what to have for lunch. I think it will be a chicken pot pie. When I go to Coffeyville tomorrow I will need to go to the bank and get some money. I don't know whether Bob will want to go to breakfast or not. I will ask some time today. Then at 9:30AM, I will get my hair done, get gas, and last of all go to get a treat for game day at Country Mart. Then I will go to game day. After that, around 3:30PM, I will go to Walmart and some get some more frozen meals and bananas, oatmeal, a cake mix and perhaps milk. I only have one banana left and that will be for this evening. We have cakes for the First Christian Church in Independence next Tuesday. 

Then I will come on back home.

I see on the news just now that 200,000 people have died from the virus by today. That is just pitiful!

I had better get my lunch.More later...

No comments: