Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I slept poorly until the last half of the night. I woke up in the night once to go to the bathroom and once more I was lightheaded and dizzy. When I woke up at five to get up I was still lightheaded and dizzy. I took my temperature and it was normal 98.6. I will take my blood pressure after awhile. I did that and my blood pressure was fine. It's a mystery. My blood pressure was fine too so it wasn't my blood pressure either.

I got my bed changed and remade with clean sheets. I also had my breakfast and coffee and will soon have my chai.

I opened the front door to five cats/kittens and fed them.  They appear to be gone now so I had better get the bowls in. Well, I went out to bring in the bowls and they came back. So I left all but the blue bowls out there.

I need  to get the washer going so I will get back to this later.

It's almost 7:00AM and I have the washer going.

Adele, Gay's sister, called me last night to ask me to come to a birthday dinner for Gay tomorrow. I don't have anything planned for Tuesday so I will go. She was going to check with Gay's other friends and get back to me but she thinks it will be Tuesday. I told her that would be my only free day since Wednesday is game day at the senior center and perhaps my hairdo day if Toni didn't get the virus this week, I will call her later this morning to see if my appointment is still on.  If not, I will wash it in the shower. She is still working and does not have the virus so I will let her do it. It always looks better when she does it.

Of course, Dean will be coming on Thursday and stay until Saturday so those days are out. So, it was either today or tomorrow.  I want to get a birthday card for her today.

I also want to see what Dean usually has for breakfast and supper. I may need to get some more groceries. I have eggs but no bacon or even toast since I don't have a toaster.  I could just scramble some eggs and make my coffeecake while he is here since I don't have a toaster.. For supper, I could get some shaved ham and another loaf of bread and cheese for sandwiches.

I see that Oklahoma had 1003 new cases of the virus overnight. They just aren't good at isolating themselves or wearing face masks  down there.That's why I stay out of Oklahoma.

I went to the Dollar General store and bought $33.00 worth of groceries.  I bought bread and shaved ham and also crackers and cheese and cat food, water and and a cake pan (we will have cakes for the First Christian Church in Independence next week,). I figure if we eat here at home for breakfast and supper we will have our largest meal at noon and probably eat out somewhere then. 

Caney's water is undrinkable so everyone buys water to drink.  I have two filter pitchers but I just changed the filters in both of them and the first two pitchers after that are supposed to water flowers. After that, I will use it for coffee and drinking. I will just refill the bottles from the pitchers. Also I did buy a birthday card for Gay.

More later...

I got the laundry dried and put away and put the groceries away too. It is 9:50AM now and I think I am caught up. I may read awhile in my Kindle. 

One of Krystal's girls is coming to mow tonight. We have a 40% chance of rain tomorrow. I want to get the yard mowed before that happens.

Two little boys came by last evening walking their dog. The dog was huge so I asked them what kind it was and they said it was an English Mastiff. I had not seen one of those except in photos. They came over and the dog was very friendly and very pretty. They had given it a bath the day before and brushed it and it was a very good looking and friendly dog. It was a female. A neat dog and nice friendly and polite young boys.

More later... 

Saturday I raked the leaves out from along the curb. The leaves come form the neighbor across the street's trees. They make quite a mess. It took me the better part of an hour to scoop them up and put them in the trash. Since Krystal's daughter is coming to mow this evening I raked the ones near the curb this time back onto the yard so she will pick them up in the mower bag. I am so glad I have that mower bag. It cleans up a lot of "stuff"...mostly mowed grass and leaves.

I went to the post office for stamps again today. Their credit machine was down so I wrote them a check.

Well, back to the book...

The mower came and did her job. My yard looks nice again.  I cleaned up the drive after she left but she does a nice job on the yard.

This morning when I was going to put my contacts in, I noticed the left one was torn.  I didn't have any more left ones left but I remembered that I had saved one of each in a case in the medicine cabinet. I got that case open and luckily I had closed it tightly and that contact was fine. I put it in and threw the torn one away. What a stroke of luck. I have an appointment with Dr. Dobbins here the last week of this month. It will be interesting to see what her charges will be. Roger was so reasonable, I am spoiled. My last dentist spoiled me too. I had my teeth cleaned and examined last month and they did bite wing e-rays and the bill was $250. I nearly fainted. I took some money out of my savings to pay that. Luckily I only have that done twice a year, I may go to once a year at that rate.

Gay's sister,Adele called again to say they are having Gay's birthday dinner on Friday so that left me out. Dean will be here on Friday and we have planned his trip for weeks.. I had planned to go to Chanute tomorrow for that dinner. Oh well.

It's time for my bath so I will do that, read some more and then go to bed at 9:00PM. I am tired.


7 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Just a thought about your dizziness, could it be low blood sugar? I hope it stops happening to you soon.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't know, Susie. How do you check for that?

Plain Jane said...

Could you have inner ear problems? I have vertigo, it comes & goes randomly, the crystals in my inner ear gets out of place occasionally. There are exercises you can do that helps. I've read that it is extremely common as you age although I've had mine since I was a child.

Margie's Musings said...

I am not sure. I do wear a hearing aid in my right ear. But I have never been dizzy before this past month. And it clears up after I have been up awhile.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Maybe you could ask your doctor if that could be it and they could check your 90 day blood sugar average and see if that is low. The reason I thought of that is because a few years ago my Dad went through a stretch of time for a while where he would wake up with his blood sugar levels very low and he would be dizzy. He found out that was going on because he had diabetes and took his blood sugar reading in the morning when he was dizzy and the blood sugar was very low.

Anonymous said...

Go see a doctor that has good repitation for being throughal.

Margie's Musings said...

I have no idea who that would be.