Saturday, September 26, 2020

Saturday and Another Boring Day

I woke up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and dressed and ate my breakfast and had my coffee and chai and watched the CBS news...such as it is....same old, same old..

Then I fed the cats/kittens and watched 20/20, which I had recorded. I had some lunch and then went by the post office and mailed off some cards. I had begun another list of things I needed from Dollar General  so I went out there and got a little over $25.00 worth of stuff. 

I got my cake made for Tuesday and iced and froze it since I don't take it up to Independence until Tuesday. I will need to pick up Bob's and Karan's and Phyllis' then too.

It's 2:00PM now and I guess I will read some more. Suzanne told me yesterday that the kids next door are moving the last of October. She wanted to know if I knew anyone that wanted to rent their apartment. I am hoping the next person she rents to will be a nice retired person I can visit with. I talked to Karen Rankin last evening. She had bought that house on Park that Jeromy, my grandson, had bought before he got married. She had bought it from the woman who bought it from him. She has rented it out as a "rent to buy" and moved into another larger rental in Independence. She was not interested in moving to Caney. She knows a lot of people in Independence since her business was there for years.

More later... 

It's 4:00PM now and I have been mowing. I am running low on money and the rent is due next Thursday. So I decided to try to mow my own yard. I made two runs across the front and side and then just the front to try to get it done. I got the front finished but will wait until later to try to get the side done. The back should be  easy...it's small. The biggest part will be the west side. I will save some money if I can do it myself...plus, it will be good exercise and, lord only knows, I can use the exercise.

It's 84 degrees out there and 4:15PM so I will wait until it cools down a bit to try to finish. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I want to get it finished before then.

More later....

John, my son-in-law,had bought a self propelled mower at an auction and he sometimes reads my blog. He noticed I was mowing and he brought that self propelled mower in and showed me how to use it. He did 99% of the mowing and I did three passes on the west side with it. I had done the front.  That mower works fine and fills the bag up faster then the push mower he gave me last year. He dumped the grass into my black bags. After he finished we have two black bags full. He put them in the trash container for me too.  He thinks we could get away with mowing every other week instead of every week especially in cooler weather but I know Suzanne wants it mowed every week.

He thinks she needs to have Independence Yard and Garden Center spray weed killer on it. He says as the landlady. it is her responsibility to do that. He says they would charge me at least $150. to do it. I know I can't afford that so it won't get done. I sure appreciated his doing the mowing for me. He took the self propelled mower back home to do some more work on it.

It is 7:00PM and time for my bath. That will feel good tonight.

Derailed Commodity is putting in a new floor in the bathroom, utility area, kitchen and dining room area on October 14th. They will move the furniture and appliances out to do it.  I will need to take the stuff out of the small roll top desk and box it up and they will move the rest. Suzanne has to have the stool taken up in the bathroom by a plumber then too.

I plan to eat a banana and read until bedtime at 9:00PM or so.


No comments: