Friday, September 11, 2020

Friday and Sleeplessness

This  has not been a good night. I woke up at 2:30AM and just tossed and turned until 4:00AM when I gave up and got up. I have made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day and will soon get some coffee and oatmeal. It's now 5:00AM. I guess I have too many things on my mind.

I will have to bake my cake this weekend for the First Christian Church in Independence and since Bob is staying with Joanne and  helping her now that she has a broken arm, I will have to drive over to Coffeyville to pick up their cakes and then up to Independence to deliver them. I only hope he will go ahead and bake his cake or I will have to bake two cakes. I will need to pick up Karan's and Phyllis' cakes too while I am over to Coffeyville. That's not a big problem if Bob goes ahead and bakes his cake. We have done these cakes for almost eight years and I don't want to give it up if everyone can continue to help. While I am up there, I will pick up my thyroid med at Walgreens.

I'd better get some coffee...so more later.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and even a breakfast bar. I will get my Chai next.

I am watching the channel 6 news now.

Today is the 19th anniversary of the 9/11 attack. My Bob left for New York with Red Cross the next day and was gone for three weeks the first time. He was a chaplain and so they sent him back in January for four weeks. I have a video that the Pittsburg Kansas TV station sent Scott and me two years ago. They had interviewed Bob and the other two after they returned. That couple from Independence Kansas were sent too the first time. We made copies of the interview for them. And I have a copy of it on the desktop of my desktop computer.  

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. Fifteen of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, (one of our allies) and two were from the United Arab Emirates , one from Lebanon, and one from Egypt.  

None were from Afghanistan or Iraq. And there were no weapons of mass destruction either. Bush was advised of that before he sent our young men off to the war. Bush's administration just wanted to go to war. Chaney was the driving force behind that. Strange..because none of them ever served in the military. Bush had been in the reserves after college but he flew an obsolete plane that was never to be sent overseas. And his father was running a political campaign and Bush left without leave and was gone 13 months helping his father with his political campaign. Pitiful!

If you have money and power you can pretty much do anything you want and get away with it.

I went out to Dollar General and bought three things I needed to get Sage's birthday gift in the mail. It came in today's mail. I looked everywhere for a box to fit and just about gave up before I found one in my own closet. 

I did buy a birthday card for her there though.

When I got home I wrapped her gift and took it to the post office to get it in the mail. Her birthday is the 17th..next Thursday. She will be 17. I had already put one gift in the mail for Jerod's daughter,,,one of my my other great granddaughters. She will be one year old. I sent her a gift of a book called Wonky Donkey. I saw it advertised on TV and ordered it from Amazon. Her birthday is next week.

Keith contacted me this afternoon wanting a copy of that CD of Bob's interview on the Pittsburg channel 7. I had given it to Leslie. But I had a copy of it on the desktop of the desktop computer. I copied it on a USB and was going to mail it to him but he suggested I upload it to a new site he had put up that shares videos. I managed to get it uploaded there for him.

I have three cats out front eating their supper. One is Big Yellow Tom and the other two are Scruffie's kittens.

I had a half sandwich for my supper and another breakfast bar and will eat my last banana after the local news channel 6 is over. At 5:30PM the CBS news comes on that channel.  I want to watch that.

I never did get the dining room vacuumed but I will do it tomorrow. I have nothing else planned for the evening except perhaps to watch some more Amazon Prime.

More later...

I watched the CBS news and then turned over to ABC to watch the 9/11 remembrance program. It was terrific and  I recorded most of it. I contacted the kids about it but I think Scott was the only one who watched it and he said he watched it with tears running down his face. He recorded the entire program. I got most of it. Many of the survivors of the south tower spoke and the mother of the young man who made several trips back up the south tower to rescue folks and lead them out was there. Her son was killed and never found but when the news came out of what he did and that he wore a red bandana around his face, his mother knew he always carried a red bandana and that that was her son.When the survivors saw his picture, they agreed that was him. That was just one emotional moment among many, It was a wonderful show. Obama and many others spoke. 

I took my bath after that and went to bed about 9:00PM

No comments: