Monday, September 7, 2020

Monday and Labor Day

I am up and slept well. I slept until 5:00AM. I have had my breakfast and fed five cats/kittens. I have the Channel 6 news on but am having to use the desktop computer so I am in the den. I forgot to plug in the notebook that I usually use from the recliner in the living room because I forgot to plug it in last night before I went to bed. It's recharging now.

I don't have anything planned for today. I did a load of laundry last evening while I was watching the worship service. After the service I folded it and put it away. I went to the market yesterday. But I never did get the dusting done so I guess I can do that today.

More later...  

Right now I am watching Good Morning America and will watch the CBS news at 8:00AM which is just ten minutes away.

About the only things I watch on Cox cable is "Lucky Dog" on Saturday mornings and the pet vet show on Sunday mornings and 60 Minutes on Sunday evenings. I did watch "Bull" on Monday evenings before the reruns began.  I don't like the current programming...way too violent.  I just watch the news and then I use the cable to get me to Amazon Prime with my Tivo. That gift from Keith and Esther has been a life saver for my TV watching.

I plan to finally get to my dusting today. I have put it off for three days.

The notebook has recharged and I am using it now.

More later...It's time for the CBS news.

CBS News is over now and I have dusted the entire apartment and it fairly shines. I don't know why dusting seems like such a chore. It's only five rooms. Laziness, I guess.

I don't know what I will do with the rest of the day. It's only 10:25AM and everything is done. 

I should go through that file cabinet again and look for my passport. It disappeared after our cruise two years ago. I went through it once but maybe not too thoroughly.

I will do that now. I don't know that I will ever need the thing again but it's just the principle of the thing.

So, more later...

Well, that was easy! The first folder I picked up was the folder for our cruise. I went through that folder and shredded anything duplicate. Then when I went to put the folder back, I saw several things under the place where the folder was to be put...just loose in the file cabinet. I picked them up and looked at them and what do you know! It was the passport!

Now, once again, I have nothing to do. I could take the time to go through the rest of the folders in that cabinet and shred anything not essential but I thought I did that in February. Well, I will start and see how far I get.

More even later.. I have an hour before noon when I will eat my lunch. I will at least start.

I got though the Cs before time for lunch. It's going to be at least an all day job. That's just the top drawer too. Lord only knows what all is in that bottom drawer. It's probably my entire life. :)

I will get back to this after lunch.

I had a phone call from one of my classmates wanting to catch up on the classmate news and talked to her for thirty minutes.  That interrupted my cleaning out the file cabinet. It's almost 3:30PM now and I'm going to take a break.

More Later...

 I have downloaded  another "free to read" book from Amazon. It is "The Last Monument" and so far it's very interesting. It's almost 8:30PM now and I have had my bath. I want to stay up until 9:00PM or so. I will sleep better that way. At least now I have something to read tomorrow.  I have everything done now except the lower drawer of that file cabinet. I may work on that tomorrow too.

I only had one cat show up for supper tonight. Ir was that yellow Tom.

I need to go to the post office tomorrow and buy stamps. I have a birthday card for Gene Denny to get in the mail.

Wednesday is my hair appointment. I don't imagine Bob will be going to breakfast with me on Wednesday, He is staying with his girlfriend, Joanne. She fell last weekend and broke her right arm. She is right handed so that means she is at a definite disadvantage. Bob can't vacuum with his spinal stenosis so when it is time to vacuum I will need to do it for her. If he doesn't go to breakfast, I will leave later.... around 8:30AM instead of leaving at 6:30AM to pick him up.

Anyhow, I hope to get to bed sometime around 9:00PM or so.

No comments: