Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday and Dusting

I slept well last night and didn't wake up in the night at all. I got up at shortly after 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day. I have yet to have my breakfast,

Today I will do my dusting. That's shouldn't take long. I need to find some more of those dusting cloths with the furniture polish on them. They always make the furniture glow! I will fix my coffee and my oatmeal now and get back to this later.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.  I guess I will go watch the weather until the "weather on the 8's" comes on.Then I turn to channel 6 and usually about that time I also feed the cats. 

So more even later...

All of the cats were out there just waiting for their breakfast too. So far they are getting along fine sharing the food. 

I am having my Chai now. I am also watching the cats/kittens eat their breakfast.

I am also watching the CBS news.

I got my blower and went out and blew the leaves over the yard into the sunshine so they would have a better chance of drying. I am still thinking of mowing the front yard to get the leaves cleaned up and also get rid of some of them. None of the leaves from my trees have begun to fall into my yard yet  but the tree across the street has lost nearly all of it's leaves and those are the leaves in my yard.

I fed the kittens and cats and after awhile at 11:30AM, I watched  couple of episodes of Forensic Files and had a sandwich  from that ham and some punch. Then I had a Schwans ice cream bar for dessert.

The sun is shining again today. I will check outside and see if the leaves are dry enough to rake in the back yard...from the trees of my neighbor to the south. It's a little after 1:00PM now.

It's1:25PM now and  I have several piles of leaves I have raked up in the back yard...about half of it. I am pretty tired so I may not get them picked up and bagged for awhile. I'll wait until 2:00PM and see if I recuperate. If I do I will work on them some more. It is good exercise for me.

So, more even later... 

I got the back yard done. I started at 2:00PM raking and then ran the mower over it and cleaned it up. Very good exercise...but at 84, I don't want to over do it. :) I would like to get the front done too but maybe not today. The west side is just too much for me but it doesn't look as bad as the front and the back either. It 2:40PM now and I think I will rest awhile and then do my dusting.

 Image may contain: grass, outdoor and nature 

How about that!

More later...

I drank some water and sat down for awhile and then got my dusting done.  It's 3:25PM now and I am finished for awhile.

I downloaded another Amazon book to my Kindle  It is the best selling book by Dan Rather called "What Unites Us". So far it is very interesting.  It is his philosophy and experience on the subject. 

I read until the CBS news came on at 5:30PM and then after that continued reading. I read until after 9:00PM and then went on to bed.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It felt good to have the sun out today didn't it. Its been cloudy here for a while and today is sunny.It lifts the spirits.

Margie's Musings said...

It really does, Susie. And it was out again today and I worked in the yard. I also finished my housework,