Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tuesday and Icy Roads

 I slept very well last night and got up at my usual 5:00AM. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast and coffee and even my Chai.

I opened the front door to four cats. The only one not there is Scruffie. All the others have pretty much eaten their fill and only the kittens are still there looking in the front door at me. The large yellow cat is still limping on three feet. It's left front foot is being held up as he/she walks. I have no idea what happened to him/her.

I plan to wait until mid morning to start for Independence and even then after I have checked in with Barbara. I want to be sure they are going to have their meal today. With the icy streets they may cancel and I am not going to drive up there if they are not planning to be doing their drive up meals today. Barbara doesn't open the office until 8:00AM.

It was 30 degrees last time I checked.

More later... 

It appears to be dry out there so I will plan on leaving here at 8:30AM to take those cakes up to Independence. I left a message for Barbara to call me if they are not planning on the meals. Otherwise I will leave here at 8:30AM. 

It  rained lightly all the way to Independence but did not appear to be slick. Of course, I drove 45 miles per hour all the way up there and there wasn't much traffic.

Barbara helped me unload the cakes. She was very happy to see me and that I made it without any complications.

I intend to have the rest of my chili  (that Suzanne brought me) and crackers and cheese for  my lunch. It's only 9:35AM so I will have to wait awhile to eat...probably 11:30AM. Unfortunately, I am already hungry.

I see the trash people haven't made it yet.  They are usually here by 9:30AM. It appears to be raining harder now. I guess I will have a banana to tide me over until lunchtime...so more later...

The trash people did finally come and I put away my container and my next door neighbor's too. I did have the rest of the chili and cheese and crackers and even  one of my Schwan's "Gold and Nugit" ice cream bars for dessert. They are so good. I took out what I thought was a ice cream bar and the package was empty. The package was sealed and everything but there was no bar in it. I called Schwan's and reported it. They called me back today and are going to issue me some credit points for the loss. Those things are expensive so I took the points.

The mail finally came and all I got was political  posters. It is 2:25PM now. 

If the weather permits it I will go over to Coffeyville again and Bob and I can have breakfast. I will get my hair done regardless and stay over for Game Day at the senior center there. That's my big day. I will also get gasoline and if I have time afterwards, I may get some more frozen meals at WalMart. 

Its almost 4:00PM now and I will probably read awhile  until the CBS news comes on. I am not interested in the Tulsa news.

More later...

Well, I got the 5:00PM after all. CBS news comes on at 5:30PM so I will just suffer though the Channel 6 news first.  

At 7:00PM after I took my bath I watched a little TV but then came into the den and logged onto Toronto, Canada and watched one of John's philosophy lectures about the History of Free Will. It was pretty interesting.

Then about 8:20PM, I began to think about bedtime. Maybe closer to 9:00PM, I will finally get there.


No comments: