Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

 I did not sleep well last night. Most of the night I had leg cramps. I got up in the middle of the night and took a med for that. I guess eventually that worked but it was a very restless night. I got up at 5:00AM as usual.

I went to the den and read the Chronicle and had my breakfast there. I finally came in and checked on the cats/kittens and they were all there and waiting for me to check on them. It had been raining so I had to put their bowls closer together then they like. They will have to learn to tolerate one another if they want to be fed all winter.

I am watching the weather channel right now but I was busy when the "Weather on the 8s" came on so I will stay with it until they run that again before turning to Channel six. 

Sunday we turn our clocks back to regular time. I hope I remember.

Next Wednesday the First Methodist Church here will serve a delivered chicken and noodle dinner for $6.00. I may order one. It's an evening meal. So I would be back from Bunco at the senior center.  

I have to get together the Bunco game prizes for this next week. I will need a "Most Buncos", a "Most Losses" and a "Most Wins" bags of prizes. I will work on that this week.

More later....

During the commercials this morning, I mopped my new floors and then vacuumed the carpets. All I have left to do is dust. I may do that tomorrow. I am very tired now.

I took the vacuum sweeper apart and washed the filters and cleaned out the dust and dirt.  The filters need to dry overnight. Then I will put them back in the vacuum sweeper.

If the rain stops I may go out and pull the flowers that the ice killed yesterday and put them in a trash bag for next Tuesday's trash pick up. I probably should dump out the hanging baskets too. They are pretty bad looking. I may just wait until Spring to plant anything else. I didn't have any tree damage that I can see. Of course, I haven't been around to the west side of my apartment. That tree may have been damaged. The one in the front looks fine.

I need to get some bandaids at Dollar General. Maybe I will get the other prizes there too.

More later...

I emptied the flowers..or what was left of them... into the black yard trash bag and managed to lift it into the trash container. All I need to do now is pull up the flowers in the flowerbed in the back yard but it's too wet out there to do that now. I will wait until the ground is dry. It's 12:45PM now and the sun is out.

I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch with some sugar free punch.  Then I had one of my ice cream bars as dessert.

The only mail I got were a couple of political brochures. That's a waste of their money since I voted a couple of weeks ago.  It's 1:20PM now.

More even later...

I went over to Nancy's and she and I took a drive to enjoy the sunshine. I drove down to Bartlesville for a change.. We didn't stop anywhere we just drove around the east side like Pennington Hills and checked out the old neighborhoods. It was a beautiful day for a change. She also wanted to see my new flooring. So when we got back to Caney I brought her here to see it. The cats/kittens were waiting for their supper too so I fed them. She was impressed with my new flooring.

Then after a short visit here, I took her home. She really appreciated the drive.

Suzanne showed up later with bananas. I took two bunches. That's what I usually have for supper.

After she left I had a banana and read all evening until I finished that latest Kindle book. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I took my bath at 7:00PM.

I went to bed about 9:30PM


3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I don't think all the political emails and mail ever infuence anybody's choice. Total waste of money.

Kay said...

Oh dear! I hate leg cramps. Luckily, I don't get them too often, but when I do, YIKES!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Leg cramps while sleeping are miserable. I used to get them before I was diagnosed with Graves thyroid disease and was treated for it. Always so shocking to be woken out of a deep sleep with a big charlie horse in the leg.