Saturday, October 31, 2020

Saturday and No Particular Plan

 I slept pretty well last night. But I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am dressed and ready for the day. I don't really have a plan for today. Everything is pretty much done. I could mow the front yard like I did the back yesterday and get the leaves picked up that way but it might be futile. 

It is 6:05AM now and 43 degrees out this morning. I think it is supposed to be a warmer day today but I haven't seen the "Weather on the 8s yet. I am in the den doing this and checking the e-mail. I haven't had the TV on yet.  But more later...I want to check the weather. 

I checked the weather and it appears to be nice today.

Now I am in the living room watching the news. 

I am watching the CBS Saturday news and have fed the five cats that showed up for their breakfast. Only the young yellow cat and his black sibling are still lying by my front door. They do that a lot. I think they hope I will let them in. They are wrong if that's what they think.

I will go back to my latest Kindle book by Dan Rather, "What Unites Us".  I am ready for something positive. I am tired of murder mysteries.

More later.. 

I had my lunch...one of my chicken pot pies... and an ice cream bar for dessert and some punch. 

Then I went out to Dollar General and  bought the prizes for the Bunco game next Wednesday. While I was at it, I bought the few groceries I needed too.

I have been watching a podcast of John Hamer, pastor of the Toronto Canada congregation, being interviewed by a Mormon seeker.

It was very interesting. It's now 1:20PM. and I will get back to my book.

I read until 3:30PM and then my eyes were tired so I went outside and swept off my small porch and the driveway and swept up the leaves there. It is 4:00PM now and all there is on TV at this point is football. There's isn't anything but the local Tulsa news even later and I am not interested in their news. I was hoping to find CBS or NBC or even ABC sometime this evening but I don't see any of that even scheduled.

I guess I will go check out the computer and see if there is anything there,    

I played a few games of FreeCell and then at 900PM, I set the clocks back and went to bed.

 

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

When I don't have a plan, I read a good book.

Galla Creek said...

If you have a good book, Donna and Margie, most I try to read are garbage. A good book is hard to find.

Margie's Musings said...

See my blog here for the one I am reading now. It is pretty interesting.

Margie's Musings said...

That's what I have been doing this afternoon,