Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday and Laundry

I slept pretty well last night and woke up a couple of times. I had a little trouble getting to sleep and took two melatonin tablets. I had watched that 60 Minutes program and was stressed about Trump's treatment of Leslie Stahl. He walked out after a short time because she wanted to ask him the hard questions and he was not interested. He wanted to dominate the program and talk about his "accomplishments" while in office. When she challenged his conclusions, he got up and left. She waited awhile for Trump to come back but when it was apparent he was not going to, she interviewed Pence. He was polite. The second half of the program Nora O'Donnell interviewed Joe Biden. He politely answered all her questions...even the difficult ones. That all left me uptight. I took my bath and played some Freecell to try to wind down. It didn't work.

I haven't checked with the cats/kittens yet. Bob tells me there is a cold rain out there. They may not be there since I have very little shelter outside my front door.

Maybe I had better check anyhow. It will be cold out there.

There were at least four of them out there waiting. They were crowding the door so I went out through the garage. It was barely misting a cold mist. I tried to put the food as close to the door as I could.  Then I came back in through the garage. I will check on them soon. I am afraid to let them into the garage. They may climb into the motor area and be a problem when I start the motor...if I start the motor. Luckily I went to Dollar General yesterday afternoon and got my Tide laundry detergent.

More later...I want to see how they are doing.

The two kittens are still huddling around the front door. The others have gone elsewhere to find warmer shelter. 

I am still emptying the dryer and putting away the dry sheets and pillow cases. The PJs are still damp and so are the towels and washcloths. I put them back in to finish drying.

More later...

I got the laundry finished and put away. I am still watching the CBS news. It is 9:15AM and everything is caught up. It is still misting a cold mist here. Bob says it is pouring over at Coffeyville.

More even later... The CBS news is still rather boring this morning...same old, same old. Maybe that's a  good thing.   Yesterday was enough.

I went out to bring in the bowls of cat food. There wasn't much left and what was left was damp. I put it into a colander and then into a dry double bowl to dry.  They will need to eat it with their supper. I put it on a paper towel in their double bowl so it should be fine by then.

It's only 10:00AM now but at noon I plan to have some of Suzanne's chili with crackers and cheese. That should be good.

The chili and crackers and cheese were very good. Afterward I had an ice cream bar. That was good too. Yum!

I watched some Amazon Prime TV afterward.  It is almost 2:00PM now. I downloaded another free Amazon Prime book. I may start it.

I heard from Bob that he had all their three cakes over there at his parking lot now.  I had mine frozen since Saturday and decided since it was not raining here, I would go ahead and pick theirs up and take them up and mine up to Independence today. Bob told me the weather is forecast to be worse tomorrow.

It was still raining a little in Coffeyville when I  got over there and he helped me put them in my trunk. Then I started for Independence and on my way out to Woodland, I called their church. Wouldn't you know, the office there was closed at 2:00PM Monday through Thursday. So I left them a message that I would be up as usual tomorrow. At least I have the cakes now. They will be fine in the trunk of my car overnight. It is 3:30PM now.

I guess I will start reading my new book.

It's 5:15PM now and I have read for an hour or so. The book is depressing so I may not finish it.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is dire. Freezing rain and ice is the forecast. I will need to drive 19 miles up to Independence and back in the morning.  I will play that by ear.

My son-in-law, John, must have read my blog. He texted me awhile ago and advised me to wait  until the county gets the roads salted before I go to Independence tomorrow. That's good advice. I will also call Barbara in the morning after 8:00AM and make sure they will be serving lunch tomorrow.  They have a drive through lunch. They aren't having folks come into the building yet. Crowds are too dangerous with the pandemic.

It is 7:15PM now and I just finished having my bath. I will try to stay up until 9:00PM if I can.

More later...

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I felt so sorry for Leslie. He is just a big whine-bag. I am afraid he will nuke some country before we can get rid of him. Biden was hit with really difficult questions. I will be glad when we find out if we are rid of the clown with orange face and hair. He literally makes me sick.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three!

Barb said...

You are aallowed to stop reading a book any time you like, for sure. A week fro today cnanot come soon enoug (she said hopefully).