Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday and Church Online

I slept pretty well...woke up twice in the night..the second time at 4:00AM. I lay in bed until 5:00AM and then gave up and just got up. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am working on my Chai now. I even had a breakfast bar.

I have forwarded the Peggy Steele letter to the classmates and read my e-mail. I will soon go watch the "weather on the 8s" on TV to see if the weather will be nice enough for me to do some more mowing today. If so, I may get finished.

It's also time to text Bob to see if he is alright today. So I will get back to this from the living room and on the notebook. The cats may be out there waiting for breakfast too. So more later...

All four cats were waiting for their breakfast. So I fed them. As soon as Scruffie was finished and the big yellow Tom began eating what little Scruffie had left, I went out and brought in her bowl. I am not feeding the other cats Meow Mix. They can eat the new food.

Inky and Blondie are still out there. Inky is drinking water from the water bowl and Blondie is just looking in the storm door at me.

Bob had slept well but slept until 6:00AM. He said he was nice and warm under the covers.  

It's been too cold to mow the leaves yet. It's only 43 degrees. I will wait until afternoon and hope it warms up some before then

More later... at 11:00AM I will watch the church service from Toronto Canada. In the meantime, I watch Face the Nation. It''s nearly 11:00AM now so I will open Toronto's website and set the timer there.

More later.... 

Another wonderful service and another great sermon from Danny Belrose.

More later... It's 12:30PM now and 48 degrees and I have filled another bag with leaves. I will go back out again when its warmer and do some more.

It's 1:30PM now and I got another full bag of leaves done from the west side yard. My neighbor to the south has a terrible mess of leaves in the adjoining yard right next to mine and on the ground and he is not doing anything about it so those will be blowing into my west yard soon. I will not bother to mow any more there. I may do the back yard later. It has a fence around it and his leaves are on the ground so they can't blow into my back yard. But I will take a break first. It's 52 degrees now so it is getting warmer.

More later... 

I didn't have the energy to do anymore mowing so I am going to watch the CBS news and later I will watch 60 Minutes.

After that I will take my bath  and read until bedtime at 9:00PM or so.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I'm assuming the cat food you've switched to is a store brand that's cheaper than name brands. Some picky cats don't like those cheap foods, but they aren't the ones paying for it. My Mama Kitty won't even eat from a bowl if another cat is eating out of it, but that's just her. When she first moved over here after being abandoned, she was living on whatever she could find in our burn barrel and raising kittens on what she could find. I buy Meow Mix as their dry food; I have to hide any that's left before dark, though, or the possums climb up and get it. One was out there a few days ago when I went to put the food up! I stongly dislike possums.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. I have had possums come eat from the cats bowls if I leave them out there after dark. So after they finish eating, I always bring them in anymore. The siblings eat from the same bowl all the time.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

When I was a young girl, I had a pet possum from the time it was a tiny abandoned baby. That possum would do anything for its Little Friskies cat food, it would do a possum version of a run, possums are not very good runners,like a cat or dog are, to come and get Little Friskies from me. Of course being a possum, it also liked apples and pears from our trees, and especially grapes from our vines, and pieces of Wonder bread. That possum grew to be quite huge. It also got along well with our cats, rabbit, and two dogs. It never had to eat garbage or dead things, and got flea powdered when all of our other pets did, so it was really quite a clean animal. It lived in a big cage when it wasn't getting carried around or petted. The cage stayed clean. One corner area only was the bathroom area. It was a sweet-natured possum, though I have seen baby possums just a little older than that one make an awful hissing/growling sound with the mouth all snarled open, right before they would hurry up and act dead. I would never have gone near one that acted like that.