Thursday, December 31, 2020

Thursday and House Cleaning Day

Today I feel much better. I didn't hear a peep out of the cricket. I slept well.

I texted Bob this morning and he did well too.

I will clean the apartment this morning while the TV commercials are on. I despise commercials...especially the ignorant ones. I like ones with animals featured or funny ones. But it is obvious that the ad people think we are all stupid. ....and many are...especially if they buy into the ads. No one "gives" anything away. They add it into the price.

I have had my breakfast and coffee and am drinking my Chai now. I should go see what the weather will be like today. They were forecasting snow yesterday evening. 

So more later... 

I looked on Amazon for Tac Visors for your car. It fits on the visor and stops glare from  other's lights. I may order one. With contacts you get a lot of glare.

I found four cats patiently waiting for their breakfast this morning. They also need water this morning. After they finish eating and I go get their bowls,  I will take more water out there. Right now they are still eating.

So more later...the Channel 6 news is on now and in 20 minutes the CBS news will be on. 

I got all the floors mopped and the vacuuming finished. There are still some things in the dryer to be folded and put away. I got the sheets folded and put away. I will probably dust tomorrow instead of this afternoon...but who knows? I may get to it after I rest a bit. Moving those heavy chairs out of the dining room and moving them back in after I mop around the edges of the dining room rug and then vacuuming that rug, is really taxing. ...mainly it's the weight of the chairs.

I've turned off the TV and will read after awhile. I can just handle so much news and the only programs I am interested in watching are "Bull" on Monday night and "Lucky Dog"on Saturday morning and a couple of other programs of that nature. I record "20/20" and "48 Hours" every time they are on. And I either watch or record "60 Minutes"  every Sunday evening. But that's about all I can handle of today's programming.

Speaking of today's programming, this is what facebook is good for:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says '008 100 Let he who hath not an AR15 take his $600 stimulus and buyeth one. If he receives $1200, take the other portion andbuyeth ammunition... Clint Epperly Yes, do it. Do it NOW! You and 15 others Preparations 20:21 5 Comments Comment'

More later...This is what my dear friend put on his facebook page. I referred him to Matthew 25 and reminded him we are a peace church. He is a great Trump fan.

I read all afternoon and finished my latest book. Tomorrow I will download another free book from Amazon. 

Right now I am watching the CBS news. so more later...

After the news, I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath and read some more until 9:00PM, when I went on to bed.

I didn't feed the cats again.

 

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It’s hard for me not to comment on FB but I try to remain silent. Usually though, I have to unfollow or even just unfriend or block them. Some things I just can’t take anymore.

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Margie's Musings said...

There is an awful lot of nonsense and outright lies on Facebook.

Kay said...

And that is why I deleted my Facebook account.

I've never heard of tac visors, but it sure sounds like a great idea for sunny Hawaii.

Margie's Musings said...

If you go to Amazon and put tac visors in their search engine they will show you all kinds.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Years ago my husband and I started the process of being on Facebook, but never completed it. I'm glad we didn't now. I wonder how someone who truly believes in Jesus can see an image of him promoting guns, and think that is a good idea. Maybe they meant the contrast of Jesus with guns to be some sort of humor. Surely, Jesus would find other ways to solve problems. Oh well.

Happy New Year to you!

pat m said...

Although I'm an atheist I always refer Matthew 25 to those Christians who are trump fans